Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Snail Shop Merchant...

Owl
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Owl polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys!

I thought I'd post my latest WIP up. Started this guy over the weekend. He's inspired by a work by Avery Coleman and also from Valves, "Are We Heroes Yet?" comic.

He's my Wandering Snail Shop Merchant.

So I'm posting a couple of shots of how I worked him out. The silhouette shot, he was almost a turtle at one point, but went the snail route....who hasn't right? hehe... I don't even know what that means...

haha...anyways, then did a value painting which I probably took too far, but was having fun on my new Yiynova MSP19u... But it helped me work out some of the forms and stuff...

Now, I'm working on fleshing him out in more detail and thinking about all the line work. The line work is not quite done. I'm hoping I can finish it tonight or tomorrow.

Then I'll paint him up.

Then I need to work on the actual merchant...who is a bit of a mystery to me still... Trying to figure out what I want him to be.

Who knows... maybe I'll get super ambitious and sculpt it all when I'm done... Not sure. :)

Anyways, now, at the line work stage would be a good time for crits on the overall design, and stuff like that. So... let me know what you think.

uEaOfWR.jpg

YmHH0fh.jpg

roOkWqx.jpg

AJHM8AG.jpg

Replies