Home General Discussion

Cliffy B Interview on Venture Beat

artstream
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
artstream polycounter lvl 11
Didn't see this posted, figured it was worth a read.

This first link is the final part of a 3 part interview, in which Cliff talks about his opinion on other shooters.
http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/27/life-after-epic-getting-to-know-cliff-bleszinski-exclusive-interview-part-three-his-opinions-on-shooters/

The second link takes you to the article start, for those who want to read it in it's entirety from the start.
http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/22/life-after-epic-getting-to-know-cliff-bleszinski-exclusive-interview-part-one-his-past/

Replies

• mikezoo
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    good stuff;

• almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    love that he goes into how dumbed down games are.
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Good article. Felt like he was attempting a lot of damage control from the way he used to carry himself in the past.
    Bleszinski: Oh no, I was clearly trying too hard for many years there, obviously. When you have a community that’s more the quiet Reddit type of crowd, and then you have this kid who comes in with flashy hair and earrings, talking shit … what is this guy doing?
    Thankfully, I largely had the track record to back it up, but at the same time, I was clearly the small dog that was barking too much, as opposed to the big dog who sits in the corner and knows that he’s big. I’m not [Valve Software founder] Gabe [Newell]. Gabe’s an amazingly successful, brilliant guy, but Gabe has his own way of doing things. He’s opinionated, but he’s also kinda quiet. Nobody knows what Gabe drives. I don’t think Gabe has an earring — although I haven’t had one for years.

Fair play to him for saying this. He's absolutely right.
    When Tom Bissell wrote that New Yorker article on me, he was like, “Oh, he could be a model or a small-town weed dealer.”

Fantastic.