Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Haunted Mansion

So I am going to make a small level in udk. I will start by making some assets for the interior, and figure it out as I move along. The theme is twisted dark haunted mansion of horror and stuff...
Feedback is much appreciated. First up is this creepy gremlin statue with a torch light for dramatic effect.
GremlinTorchAsset.jpg

Replies

• joshmtyler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joshmtyler polycounter lvl 5
    No real critique yet, other than I feel that the ends of the torch might not hold up well in gamespace. The gremlin doesn't look like he is showing his teeth in the front view and it's making me giggle. He also looks too organic and not as statuesque as a gargoyle. Not sure if that's what you're going for though.

Anyways, can't wait to see more!
  • mindschnapps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks josh, I made him look a little more statuesque. Regarding the teeth, this is going to be a wallprop so I am not going to give much more detail to him, that will be for the master gremlin statue or something :P. I don't like the design of the torch and will probably do something entirely different for this.

So this is the first test for the low poly version of the gremlin statue. this is the quick and dirty zbrush unwrap. As you can see still a lot of issues, and something seriously wrong with the white edges on the fingers which i have no clue where they are coming from... bad unwrap perhaps?
    I am finishing up the second unwrap in max, still have some issues with stretching on the fingers so I have to fix that first before i start baking it... But oh well learning to make decent unwraps is something that I have to do even though it is killlllling me... feel my pain... seriously :p

gremmyStatue1.jpg
  • mindschnapps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Redid the unwrap, still some issues, but I will just take that into account for the next organiclike unwrap. Also found a wee little time to do a quick blockout for a buttress.
    frame0000.jpg
    .PNG
  • Kridian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kridian polycounter lvl 14
    What a great weathered texture for your gargoyle! Congrats!

Love these types of works!
  • joshmtyler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joshmtyler polycounter lvl 5