Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Final freakshow

I finally finished my first low poly character, I should have made a thread for the progress, but I will make one for the next character. I could use some feedback in the meantime. I will take advice under consideration but I really wonna start something new now. :p

The character concept drawing was made by a classmate.
It's about these conjoined twins who go into the crime business to make it big.

gametex1.jpg
Back.jpg
gametex2.jpg
alttex.jpg
texture.jpg

Replies

• mindschnapps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    forgot to post the hi-res sculpture
    BPR_Render2.jpg
  • Benton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They look good, but why are they zombies?
  • Nate Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nate Broach polycounter lvl 17
    Pretty neat stuff! Sculpt looks great.

I think the textures however look VERY rushed. That pistol looks like its using a 128x128 and really just looks too low res and rushed.

The platform suffers from the same thing. Generic wood texture slapped on top and basic triangles with basic quick grunge pass and the light bulbs don't looks like light bulbs. Spend the time to get it looking right! Dont rush through it!

I know you're probably burnt out on this guy, but for whatever you do next, take the time to make each part of the texture look great. It's unfortunately killing an otherwise pretty neat model.
  • mindschnapps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Nate, thank you very much for giving me some feedback on this. I will use your words wisely :p Even though some of the stuff is rushed to meet the deadline, I should focus on some texturing exercises before i do another char