Home Unreal Engine

PONG In UDK! ...Yes pong

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
AzzaMat polycounter lvl 9
Hi guys I have made pong in UDK using Kismet. The game itself works but what I'm aiming to do is have it play across multiple screens using UDK's LAN multiplayer. The problem I am having is that the ball and paddle are only visible on the host machine which is only one of the three screens it plays across. On the other screens the ball doesn't even render. I originally thought it may be because it was an interp actor so I swapped them out with skeletal mesh counterparts but I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this problem?
PongExample.jpg

Replies

• ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Without knowing anything about your implementation it's completely impossible to help. I do however suggest you read up on Replication.

Given it's in kismet, you are likely going to have some problems. Kismet is for mission scripting rather than the actual gameplay. You may also want to look into implementing this in code.
  • AzzaMat
    Offline / Send Message
    AzzaMat polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks, I'm looking into replication now from the sound of it this is the brick wall that is getting in the way.

to sum up the implementation;
    I use the custom button feature to create an up down key for both paddles. when you press up it gets the paddle location and moves it on the z axis until it hits the top (Similar with down except it stops on the base). Then the ball uses the same tactic for its movement except when it hits the paddle or top/bottom walls it reverses the direction. Each time it touches the a paddle the ball speed increases. If it helps I can post up the kismet script.

Unfortunately I'm not a coder. This is just a challenge to see if it could be done in kismet. Thanks though =D
  • AzzaMat