Home General Discussion

Intuos 5 Touch + Windows 8

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
After 4 years of my trust Bamboo, I just recently got an Intuos 5 Touch Factory Refurbished, as in 20 minutes ago. I have to say that it is an incredible tablet so far. But I it doesn't seem to like Windows 8 so much, the touch feature is jumping all over the place. And when pop up menus come up the tablet freezes.

But at least inside of Zbrush it works perfectly fine...so far.

Anyone else ran into this issue? Maybe this has been discussed already on here but I'm notoriously bad at looking through old threads.

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Make sure you download the lastest drivers from the Wacom website.
    You can always disable the pen features in windows, they caused issues with windows vista and 7, it was really best to turn off everything.
  • benji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    benji polycounter lvl 7
    Yep, I'm having the same problems with Intuos 5 and Windows 8 (annoying pen feedback, drag delay, menu lock up to name a few) and tearing my hair out.

I've been trawling the internet looking for solutions and tried every one of them to no avail - registry edits, settings, new drivers, old drivers, disabling system files - nothing works. It seems these problems are well documented on forums and Wacom/Microsoft support, but Wacom blame Microsoft and Microsoft blame Wacom.
    Maybe it's just a matter of time to wait for a driver that fixes the problems, but by Wacom's record it will be a long time. In the meantime I'm seriously considering downgrading to Windows 7 at extra expense