Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Cube Restaurant UDK

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Benkeeling polycounter lvl 10
Hey there guys,

Been following the forum for some time now but thought it be time to post some of my work. I am currently in my 3rd Year of Game Art at De Montfort Uni. Looking for a job as an Environment Artist when I graduate in June.

This is a project I completed in the first term before Christmas, with a 4 week deadline. The brief was to create a rooftop in UDK. I decided to go for a futuristic restaurant vibe based on cubes. The environment is also textured with only one texture apart from the plants and water effects. Anyway enough talk, more images. Let us know what you guys think :)

TheCubeRestaurant4jpg.jpg

TheCubeRestaurant2jpg.jpg

TheCubeRestaurant6jpg.jpg

TheCubeRestaurant8jpg.jpg

TheCubeRestaurant10jpg.jpg

960x480.webp

960x502.webp

Here is a link to fly-through because I couldn't work out how to embed it.

http://benkeelingfmp.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/videoflythrough.html

Replies

• DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    DashXero polycounter lvl 11
    I don't know environment art, but that was pretty neat! I liked how the holographic menus stood out just enough to gain visual priority without being too loud. I'm a little curious as to why the building has two counters for ordering (one further up on a landing on the stairs... I dunno... Something seems hazardous about it), but yeah. Impressive.
  • BasicallyNormal
    Offline / Send Message
    BasicallyNormal polycounter lvl 7
    Could you uh, post that one texture? Also this is great work, love the color choice and its nice how many of the lines lead you to the main cafe area.
  • Arcanox
    I love a lot of the work and ideas put behind this piece. Great execution on the modeling and textures. I really think that you could look at the lighting of this scene. It feels like this space would benefit greatly from a little more atmosphere and a focal point in the lighting scheme.