Home General Discussion

Art Reactor

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Lamont polycounter lvl 15
Any of you in or near Corte Madera CA should check out this start up art school by good friends of mine. You know of Jr. high and high schoolers who are interested let them know.

http://www.theartreactor.com/home/

They are still trying to make it a go. So give them a look if you are in the area.

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    *Removed*

Do they have any specific instructor that we should look for before signing up? Or its just some guys trying to make a quick cash by letting you know what you already know about making the folios for college / jobs.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Do they have any specific instructor that we should look for before signing up?
    I would recommend going and taking a look or giving them a call for who the instructors are.
    Or its just some guys trying to make a quick cash by letting you know what you already know about making the folios for college / jobs.
    I Would not post crap like that here.

Also, I would like to add that they are not at a physical location anymore it seems, but still offer the service instruction. So give them a call to see what they still offer.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Lamont wrote: »
    I would recommend going and taking a look or giving them a call for who the instructors are.
    I Would not post crap like that here.

Also, I would like to add that they are not at a physical location anymore it seems, but still offer the service instruction. So give them a call to see what they still offer.

I never said that this was in anyway crap of any sort. I was just wondering how it differs from other online classes that teach art from basic to pros as you know we have plenty.

Mainly it depends on the instructors and their own portfolios to see how good they are or if they have anything unique to teach us. (The only reason I asked was because such websites do either post their instructors and instructors' work on their website or atleast link the folios of instructors.)

I may give them a call and speak with them about it. Thanks. :)
  • frygurl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just wanted to say thank you to Lamont for spreading the word about our little digital art school. For the past 9 months we've been working with 6-12th grade students. Our classes are not offered online, and we just recently moved out of our physical location, but we're looking for another, less expensive space. Meanwhile, we will probably offer one or two classes a week in community centers or wherever we can get a classroom.

Thanks again, Lamont. You rock!

Best,
    Jennifer
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I never said that this was in anyway crap of any sort. I was just wondering how it differs from other online classes that teach art from basic to pros as you know we have plenty.
    Understood. Your meaning was lost in such a short sentence. I would really suggest to give them a call they are nice folks and work hard for the students.
    Mainly it depends on the instructors and their own portfolios to see how good they are or if they have anything unique to teach us. (The only reason I asked was because such websites do either post their instructors and instructors' work on their website or at least link the folios of instructors.
    Agreed, you can have the best equipment in the world, but if the instructors are poop, then the program is poop. Ask these questions and grill them on it, they will make sure you are 100% on their program before you sign up.

If I was in 7th~8th grade, this is something I would have LOVED to jump into (if I was sure I wanted a career in CG). What AR is doing is getting those who have an interest in this a way to try if they like it over a break and make a more solid choice when they finish high school. And those who DO know what they want will be better for it when they finish the program.

It really is a win-win for young people.