Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good luck to ya, Jeebs!
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    Thank you :)

after looking for some cool motions from mixamo I decided to create a female fighter, don't know what kind of outfit will she have, but I like sexy designs so that's probably what I will aim for. a good example is Cammy from street fighter, but of course I'm gonna do a totally different design with more cloth.
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yessss... Cammy! :)

"What incredible power!"
    "What they say about you is true, Ryu!" oO

Good times...!

Good luck Jeebs. (Note: make sure not to infringe any copyrights though!)
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there! Just a quick reminder that your WIP post and Polycount nickname has not been associated with any registration to the contest yet:

Make sure to click the register button on the official page and provide at least your name, WIP post URL, and Mixamo login or associated email.

That way, we can make sure you have free access to Mixamo and Houdini services for your contest project. :) Cheers!
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    thanks for a reminder :)

made a quick sculpt, still needs some parts to be fixed, since I can't really do concept art I made it on top of a 3d.

84236307.jpg

marked the cloth that will be simulated by houdini with red color.

31700425.jpg

not really sure about this concept since it doesn't have a lot of cloth, and I can't really imagine a fighter having lots of cloth. perhaps I should change a characer, maybe a dancer or something like that.
  • Ultraperson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ultraperson polycounter lvl 11
    I like the shoulder thing. Is there a name for that?
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elyaradine polycounter lvl 11
    Cool, I like the stylised proportions! :) Going to look bad-ass!
  • Ziemanskye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the shoulder things are called epaulets
  • Grampz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like the proportions and stylistic nature of your character. I love the top portion of the set, but I believe her bottom half needs more clothing. As a fighter, there are a lot of people who wear baggy uniforms and thongs generally chafe the skin bad.

In its current state, it feels like more an outfit for fanfare than purpose.

Still looks pretty cool so far.
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    thank you for the critics ;), i'm going to change the design a bit.
    updates are coming soon.
    Grampz - didn't really understand the picture of an outfit, could you give me an example?
  • BananaHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maybe you could try to stick out some cloth-parts hanging out the belt or something like that... or some baggy pants (like suggested)...
    i like the design so far!
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    yeah I was thinking of getting rid of the belt, and redo design a little bit
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    made a new design, still not sure about it, and was kind of lasy to draw from behind..
    anyway have everything in my head, if nothing else will come to mind then gonna do this one. and I was thinking about the baggy pants, but don't really want to do this, can't really fit it anywhere, also I never tried houdini before, so i'm not even sure how it would look in simulation, i'm afraid that it would just fall and it wouldn't even look like a baggy pants, perhaps I should first try houdini and experiment with the cloth simulation.
    67063530.jpg
  • nacertag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    love it.
    i see what u mean , try and put some long piece of cloth hinging from her thighs or knees and some from here elbow and maybe one from her neck laying between here chest just to put a little more cloth on you beautiful piece.
    hope u get what i mean and excuse my english:)
  • Edrice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edrice polycounter lvl 7
    The design is very cool, but I think it's missing cloth for the sim, and since it's a huge part of the contest, you may end up with a great design but a dull animation. Maybe you could add a huge scarf a la shinobi. Or a cape or baggy pants. I'm sure you'll come up with something you're happy about.
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    nacertag, Edrice thank you for the suggestions, I will ad some cloth and then the design will be finished. don't really want to think of something new.