Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Iron Man [W.I.P] Zbrush Hard Surface Model

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
J-kid polycounter lvl 12
Hello guys, haven't posted on here for awhile, I think it's 2 years now, just been watching you guys build your beautiful models.

Anyway, from the title you can tell I'm starting on an Iron Man model in Zbrush, something I've wanted to do for ages.

Critique and Comment's are welcome :D

This is one of the pieces of reference I am using:

phil_saunders_amp_adi_granov_large_zpsa7ad2b73.jpg

Now here are the screenshots:

Headwip1_zpse4bf8a10.jpg

Headwip1Diagonalview_zpse9d76c92.jpg

Headwip1side_zps0df1e9b9.jpg

Replies

• Baj Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    There's not really enough there to critique at the moment.

Im curious as to how will you be approaching this? Are you going to try to sculpt the head in zbrush or sculpt a reference mesh and use that the build a hard surface mesh (using extract/retopo/clipping brushes in ZBrush)?
  • J-kid
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    There's not really enough there to critique at the moment.

Im curious as to how will you be approaching this? Are you going to try to sculpt the head in zbrush or sculpt a reference mesh and use that the build a hard surface mesh (using extract/retopo/clipping brushes in ZBrush)?

I'm doing the reference mesh method. I'm most likely going to do full body too.
  • J-kid
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    Recently came back to this after being so busy for the year, so i'm carrying on now.

I aligned the model up to the reference picture in Photoshop which showed quite a few inaccuracies. So I tried to fix it up, but now there seems something wrong but just can’t quite tell what it is.

Headwip2Diagonalview_zps68f5a6b1.jpg

Headwip2WIP_zps10df9485.jpg

Headwip2_zps7ef25278.jpg