Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Welcome to the Houdini/Mixamo/Polycount Costume Design Contest

costumedesigncontestlog.png

costumedesigncontestban.png

Ever dreamt of leaving your boring office suit and tie behind and put on a cool steampunk outfit? Ever had a great concept idea for a fantasy costume design? This is your chance to make it happen: Welcome to the new 3D character and animation contest by Houdini, Mixamo and Polycount!

Here's how it works:

1. Register as a participant and get started: Model a 3D character that and give him/her a cool outfit designed by you. The character can be an actual representation of how you look, an idealized version of yourself or a made-up character or your choosing. You can use either Houdini or any other 3D application to create the model.

2. Once your character is ready, use Mixamo's Autorigger to rig it in a few seconds, and pick an animation from our collection to give life to your model.

3. Finally, use Houdini' to create a cloth simulation to your character's outfit. Render a still image and an animated sequence using Houdini's Mantra renderer then post the final video and beauty shot of your work to your Polycount thread!

4. Submit it!

NOTE: As you're working on your project, you must start a work in progress thread on Polycount's forums: this lets you show the community what you're working on and get some feedback and guidance from your peers!

Of course, you can get Houdini Apprentice and request access to Mixamo's Autor-Rigger and Motions for free for your project by registering.

This time, the prizes are even better:

FIRST PLACE:

$1000 cash
1500 Mixamo credits
Houdini FX License
Feature interview on Polycount News
1 year subscription to cmiVFX

SECOND PLACE:

$500 cash
1000 Mixamo credits
Houdini License
Access to cmiVFX's complete set of Houdini tutorials

THIRD PLACE:

$300 cash
500 Mixamo credits
Houdini License
Access to any one cmiVFX tutorial video of your choice

BEST CUSTOM CHARACTER:

$250 cash

COMMUNITY FAVORITE:

250 Mixamo Credits

On top of getting access to top quality rigging, animation and cloth simulation tools, you get to share your work right here on Polycount, get feedback from your peers, a chance for your entry to be selected for a purchase offer (regardless of whether it won a prize or not) and access to feedback from our judges panel.

For now, contest judges are:

- Stefano Corazza, CEO and co-founder of Mixamo
- Kim Davidson, CEO, President and co-founder of Side Effects Software
- Drew 'r13' Risch, Editor and co- founder of Polycount

But more VFX, 3D modeling and game industry veterans will soon join the panel.

Submissions for the contest will be accepted until March 18, 2013 at 11:59:59 pm PST.

Best of luck to everyone!

F.A.Q.: Feel free to ask any question you may have in this thread and we'll do our best to answer you as soon as possible. I'll make sure to also update this post with questions & answers for easier reading. Here we go:

Q: Does the outfit need to be more costume-like or more realistic?

A: Neither, it doesn't have to come across as costume-y... My bet is that some people will create some fantasy/sci-fi styled outfits and others will go for a more realistic approach. Both directions are fine and no particular style is preferred at all: up to you to chose whatever you feel inspired by.

Q: Are there any limitations when it comes to themes, time period, or styles for our outfit concept?

A: The idea is to give you guys a lot of freedom when it comes to concept. As long as you are not trying to model a copyrighted character (unless you are the one holding the rights to it), you are entirely free to create and outfit any biped humanoid you feel like. Wanna go for a samba dancer from the Rio Carnival? Go for it. Feeling more inspired by a badass-looking assassin from a fantasy universe? Show us what you got. Feel like creating a roman centurion on his way to the Battle of Alesia or a slick bounty hunter out of a sci-fi universe? Run with it.

Q: Are there any technical limitations when it comes to the character model itself?

A: The character needs to be a biped (so that it can be Auto-Rigged and animated easily via Mixamo) and humanoid (avoid several limbs, unusually oversized shapes, etc.) but can be aliens, creatures, demons, vampires, whatever you feel like modeling: No poly count limit either! We just want to see one head, two arms, a torso, two legs.

Q: Must the outfit include a lot of cloth or can we design something that will showcase cloth simulation in a more subtle way?

A: The winning designs will be chosen in part for their clever use of cloth simulation. Houdini's tech makes for impressive results so we're definitely eager to see you guys get creative and show off what can be done. Now, that being said, this doesn't mean that the longest robes, most flowy cloaks, or the more exaggerated uses of cloth sim will get a better chance at winning: Judges will be looking at the coherence and quality of the general concept, modeling execution of the outfit and of the character, the relevance of the motion applied to the character and of the cloth simulation, the quality of the beauty shot render, the quality of the video submitted, etc.

Q: Are there any limitations regarding maps that we can use?

A: Nope. Do your thing!

Q: Can we use third party programs for compositing/rendering?

A: It is required that you use the Houdini Mantra Renderer for rendering your entry. When it comes to compositing, you can use Houdini but it is not required. Note: Winning entries will be asked to submit Houdini scene files for review to confirm that simulation and rendering was completed using Houdini.

Q: Is it ok to tweak our character's rig and/or animation after having used the Mixamo Auto-Rigger and motions?

A: Sure! The requirement for this contest is that you'd use our Auto-Rigger to rig your character, and that you'd apply at least one Mixamo motion to it. However, although most people don't need to edit their rig or animation after using Mixamo, feel free to tweak yours in any software you prefer if you'd like to. You can also use more than one motion for your project whether through another 3D software, or by adding more than one Mixamo motion -- you can get some more with your own Mixamo credits or use some of our free motions if you wish. Mixamo's editor has a sequencer feature that can help you putting together several motions, with trimming, transitions, etc. Feel free to play around with it if you want.

Q: Can we add accessories and props to our character?

A: Of course! It isn't required but isn't discouraged either.

Q: The competition requires an HD video rendered in Mantra, whereas the (free) Apprentice edition seems to have a maximum resolution of 720x576 for both stills and renders. Are we required to buy Houdini Mantra for the contest?

A: Not at all! Every participant needs to register on the official page. Upon registration, you get access to Mixamo services and will also get a temporary Houdini Apprentice HD license to work on your project. Since it might take a few days to receive the Houdini HD license, you can use Houdini Apprentice's free version to get started in the meantime.

Q: Where can we find tutorials and walkthroughs showing how to simulate cloth with Houdini?

A: To help people get up and running with cloth simulation Houdini posted a masterclass which includes cloth setup lessons and takes you through the setup and controls needed to generate cloth sims in Houdini: Click here. Other tutorials are currently in production and we will make sure to post them in this thread as soon as they become available. In the meantime, here are some existing resources on top of the Masterclasses:
- General Houdini support documentation
- Cloth Create Seam surface node walkthough from Houdini
- Cloth Stitch Constraint dynamics node walkthrough from Houdini
- Mixamo-Houdini walkthrough from Mixamo

Q: Do you have an example of what can be done with Houdini and Mixamo?

A: Yep, you can take a look at this video to see some examples of Mixamo rigging and animation and Houdini cloth simulation:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uneL4Pocue4"]Mixamo & Houdini Awesomeness[/ame]
Now it's YOUR turn: get crackin'!

Replies

• Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    Are we limited on the type of outfit? For instance can we make armor with some cloth pieces and does the character need to be human? Can we make it some sort of creature? Thanks
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The character needs to be a biped (so that it can be Auto-Rigged and animated easily via Mixamo) and humanoid (avoid several limbs, unusually oversized shapes, etc.) but can be aliens, creatures, demons, vampires, whatever you feel like modeling. We just want to see one head, two arms, a torso, two legs. :)

Regarding the type of outfit, there are no limitation regarding the quantity of cloth required. Making a plate armor with some cloth pieces makes a lot of sense. More cloth doesn't equate to better chances of winning.
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since I received a few questions, I'll make this thread a full on Q&A, so please feel free to ask whatever you need in here.

I'll start with answering a few right now:

Q: Does the outfit need to be more costume-like or more realistic?

A: Neither, it doesn't have to come across as costume-y... My bet is that some people will create some fantasy/sci-fi styled outfits and others will go for a more realistic approach. Both directions are fine and no particular style is preferred at all: up to you to chose whatever you feel inspired by.

Q: Are there any limitations when it comes to themes, time period, or styles for our outfit concept?

A: The idea is to give you guys a lot of freedom when it comes to concept. As long as you are not trying to model a copyrighted character (unless you are the one holding the rights to it), you are entirely free to create and outfit any biped humanoid you feel like. Wanna go for a samba dancer from the Rio Carnival? Go for it. Feeling more inspired by a badass-looking assassin from a fantasy universe? Show us what you got. Feel like creating a roman centurion on his way to the Battle of Alesia or a slick bounty hunter out of a sci-fi universe? Run with it.

Q: Are there any technical limitations when it comes to the character model itself?

A: The character needs to be a biped (so that it can be Auto-Rigged and animated easily via Mixamo) and humanoid (avoid several limbs, unusually oversized shapes, etc.) but can be aliens, creatures, demons, vampires, whatever you feel like modeling. We just want to see one head, two arms, a torso, two legs.

Q: Must the outfit include a lot of cloth or can we design something that will showcase cloth simulation in a more subtle way?

A: The winning designs will be chosen in part for their clever use of cloth simulation. Houdini's tech makes for impressive results so we're definitely eager to see you guys get creative and show off what can be done. Now, that being said, this doesn't mean that the longest robes, most flowy cloaks, or the more exaggerated uses of cloth sim will get a better chance at winning: Judges will be looking at the coherence and quality of the general concept, modeling execution of the outfit and of the character, the relevance of the motion applied to the character and of the cloth simulation, the quality of the beauty shot render, the quality of the video submitted, etc.
  • BananaHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Anais,

one little Question: what about the UV-Layout. Does it have to be one UV-Layout for the whole model (Character and Clothing) or are we allowed to use multiple UV-Sheets?
    Thanks in advance :)
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe you can use multiple UV-sheets but I'll make sure to confirm that over the weekend or on Monday morning.
  • Macrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macrow polycounter lvl 8
    I'm going to enter this contest, just to finish something for once, darn it! I love these kinds of contests, and I think I'll finally try it. But before I go about conceptualizing, I had a few technical questions first:

1) Is there any ideal or particular poly count limit for this contest? I try to keep a good budget of polygons anyways, but is there any particular neighborhood of poly count they'd like to keep the models at? (I can also work with a ballpark like "high-poly," "mid-poly," or "low-poly.")

2) I wouldn't use too many maps anyways, but I just wanted to know is there a limitation to what kinds of maps you can use? (Normal, AO, glow, specular, etc.)

Thanks in advance.
  • I-ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I-ninja polycounter lvl 5
    "No limits this time around: go nuts!" he says
  • Macrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macrow polycounter lvl 8
    Oh, okay. I didn't see anything about a limit, but I also didn't see anything about no limits, so I just wanted to be sure there. Thanks. Time to start cookin', then! :D
  • I-ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I-ninja polycounter lvl 5
    oh gosh they have gangnam style if PSY was not a copy-righted character I would make him
  • kozlove
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kozlove polycounter lvl 4
    What about compositing? Is it fine to use a third-party compositor? I assume that we are allowed to use at least COPs since it is a natural part of Houdini.

As for the animation, are we allowed to mix them with Mixamo or only to pick one? And is it fine to alter/trim it afterwards, or should it be used unchanged and to the full length?

Thank you
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elyaradine polycounter lvl 11
    Has anyone had experience working with the auto-rigger? Could I, for example, use the auto-rigger, and then add extra controls/nulls, like stuff for facial animation or accessories and stuff in addition to the stuff the auto-rigger does?
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the late replies guys... I got distracted by a delicious Sunday brunch burger... Yum!

@Macrow: I-ninja is right. There are no limits on poly count at all. Go nuts!

About maps, this question has been asked before and I'll make sure to get the final word on that for you guys tomorrow and update the FAQ here as soon as I have it.

@I-ninja: Hell ya. We had the funniest time capturing this motion!! Tomas from our Content Team definitely showed us he's got rhythm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VHUIc1yc-k&feature=share&list=UUncNCv_jj5m0cq7YVvwUWuQ"]Mixamo Captures Gangnam Style Motions[/ame]

@kozlove: I believe that the requirement here is that the compositing/rendering be done in Houdini. (Their tool is pretty OP!) I'll reconfirm and update the FAQ accordingly tomorrow.

Regarding animation: You are only required to use one motion (we recommend a loop but not mandatory) from Mixamo, but if you have some more Mixamo credits that you want to use for additional motions, or if you want to use some of our free motions, you can definitely do that. Mixamo's editor allows you to customize motions and trim and sequence them, so feel free to play around with it. Additionally, if you want to tweak or add to your character's motion outside of Mixamo in a separate software, feel free.

@Elyaradine: Mixamo's Auto-Rigger is super straighforward so I'm sure you'll have no problem using it. 1) Upload your character; 2) Our Auto-Rigger might then ask you to point out where your character's chin, wrists, elbows, crotch, knees and toes are... then 3) it does its magic and bam! You're done. Your character is ready to go and you can pick any animation to apply to it.

Once you got everything you want (rig and motion), you simply download it in whatever format suits you best and do what you want with it.

Most people don't need to add anything to the rig or the motion once they ran their characters through Mixamo, but feel free to tweak or add more to it in a separate software if you'd like. As long as you've used the Auto-Rigger and at least one Mixamo motion, you're good to go.

Note: Remember to register to the contest so that we credit your account with a free Auto-Rig and free motion.

You are also more than welcome to include accessories for your character in your entry. :)
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update:

- No limitations for maps you can use.

- It is required that you use the Houdini Mantra Renderer for rendering your entry. When it comes to compositing, you can use Houdini but it is not required. Note: Winning entries will be asked to submit Houdini scene files for review to confirm that simulation and rendering was completed using Houdini.

The FAQ is updated.
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Er... I've never used Houdini before, so this could totally be outdated information, but:

The competition requires an HD video rendered in Mantra, whereas the (free) Apprentice edition seems to have a maximum resolution of 720x576 for both stills and renders.

Are we then required to purchase the 99 dollar Apprentice HD that unlocks higher rendering resolutions to be eligible for entering? :P Because that'd be kind of lame.
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good question, Elyaradine.

Every participant needs to register on the official page. Upon registration, they get access to Mixamo services and will also get a temporary Houdini Apprentice HD license to work on their project. :)

Since it might take a few days to receive the Houdini HD license, you can use Houdini Apprentice's free version to get started in the meantime.

Hope that helps!
  • phrenzy84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know if this is the right place to post but i cannot create a thread in this forum. Is there something i must do first?
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skyerzz polycounter lvl 5
    I've had a character that I had started and stopped working on back in 11-21-2012 I looked over the rules and it didn't stat that the character had to be done from scratch, but I still wanted to ask if it would be ok to use the body I have and create a new costume for her?
  • op3ngl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i have the same question as skyerzz... am i able to use my ready made model for this competition? sorry 1st time doing this..
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the delay guys:

@phrenzy84: You might have had to wait a bit for an admin to fully approve your registration before posting your own new thread. Could you try doing it now and pm me if you're still having any troubles.

@Skyerzz and @op3ngl: As long as the character model is of your creation (you own the rights to it), and as long as you follow the contest theme and pipeline (rig + animate in Mixamo, cloth sim and render with Houdini), you're all good to go. So feel free to pick up your characters where you left them, outfit them with something awesome, and continue with the contest. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TyC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TyC
    Here is a popular tutorial on cloth simulation. It is easily explained and not too long :) Hope this helps!

http://on.aol.com/video/how-to-create-cloth-simulation---houdini-161793572
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • TyC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TyC
    I think what you are looking for is called a "Cloth Create Seam," followed by a "Cloth Stitch Constraint." Video tutorials on this seem scarce. But hopefully you can find these options and give them a try.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini9.5/nodes/sop/clothcreateseam
    http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini9.5/nodes/dop/clothstitchconstraint
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick note: There are a few Houdini, Mixamo, and Houdini-Mixamo tutorials currently in the works. I'll make sure to let you guys know as soon as they are finalized and posted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • alphajayel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alphajayel polycounter lvl 6
    ^
    I was just gonna ask about it too! Thanks Teriyakistyle for doing the honor!

I've been trying to explore how to get the cloth sim to work, but the help files are outdated, there isn't a cloth shelf and the cloth related buttons are missing. I've only been able to do the simplest sim.

we'll really need some supplementary tutorials for the contest. hehehe
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone, I'm trying to get you an ETA on the tutorials. In the meantime, there is also some info on Houdini-Mixamo processes here. I will keep you posted as soon as I find some relevant videos and walkthroughs. Hang tight!
  • Jim Crafton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jim Crafton polycounter lvl 7
    Couple of things that might help, with the reelase of H12, they now have broken it into Houdini ahd Houdini FX - make sure that you start Houdini FX, otherwise it the Houdini version will not have the varios VFX shelves set up and it may even be disabled. This caught me off guard when I upgraded from H10.

Once you run Houdini FX, then you should see the "Cloth" shelf, with the basic tools you'll need.

I tried uploading a simple base character I have into Mixamo and downloaded the fbx file. Once I imported that to make life easier I turned off the visibility flag, Created a new geo node, deleted the default file node, added a Object Merge and brought in the various pieces. Mixamo apparently breaks the single mesh I uploaded into around a dozen separate pieces. So to make it easy to import, I just added the line
    "/obj/samba_dancing_4_fbx/Group*" into the Object1 box where you specify what node to bring in.
    This gives me all the animation into one node and makes it a little easier to work with (again, assuming you're not going to fussing with the mixamo rig)

From here you can then use this geo object as you collision object for the cloth sim.
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just in case it helps other people:

You need to run Houdini FX, not the ordinary Houdini. Only Houdini FX has the cloth sim shelf.

I also found that the local help files were much more helpful than anything I found Googling. There were several walkthroughs in there for working with cloth. Following those, I did okay, but the moment I deviated a little (importing an FBX and trying to use that instead of using the cylinder primitive that they used in the tut) things didn't work the way I expected.

Maybe you guys have better luck than I had. :P
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there guys! To help people get up and running with Houdini cloth they posted a masterclass which includes cloth setup lessons and takes you through the setup and controls needed to generate cloth sims in Houdini: Click here.

Hope this is helpful. More to come in the days ahead. :)
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just watched it, and it was enormously useful, thanks. It's very likely that the problems I was having were to do with scale. Now at least I know how to fix everything and where to find all the setting I was looking for!
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad this helped! Makes me a happy panda!

tumblr_kqcbn5rk7k1qzzaeso1_400.jpg
  • mrMucha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Everyone's got some amazing stuff so far. I'd also like to take a stab at this contest. Still noob at this forum stuff..How do create my own thread for WIPs?
  • Edrice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edrice polycounter lvl 7
    Are we allowed to use the auto rigger to biped script converter from mixamo? The autorigger did a pretty amazing job, I'd like to transfer that to a biped for ease of use, and using the animation layers.
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @mrMucha: Hey there. Simply go to the HMP contest section of the forums and click on "Create New Thread". Make sure to contact us and register once your thread is created and... that's it. You'll be good to go. :)

@Edrice: Yes of course. Feel free to leverage our scripts for your project. :) You can find some here.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good news! The Houdini HD licenses have been sent out to participants of the contest this afternoon. Check your email inboxes! Cheers.
  • Jim Crafton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a question on poly counts for the mixamo animation. When I upload a mesh with less than 10K tris, I can add any number of free animations and I'm good to go. But when I add a higher res mesh, say about 20K tris or more, then if I add a single free animation, and save/download it, it costs ~90 points. Which means if I make a mistake with the mesh and need to re-upload and download again, I'd wouldn't have the points to do so. I just wanted to make sure that this is the expected behavior of the system, and not me me misunderstanding something. In earlier posts about polycounts, it seems we were being told not to concern ourselves with how complex the models were.
  • Edrice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edrice polycounter lvl 7
    @Jim Crafton : Yeah, that's pretty much right. You can always upload a simplified version of your mesh to houdini and use that to drive the animation of a higher rez poly. Even if you have no restrictions, I wouldn't go too high on the poly count, it will slow down your performance in the viewport, make the editing the skinning that much more complicated, etc...
  • Jim Crafton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK thanks.
    Edrice wrote: »
    You can always upload a simplified version of your mesh to houdini and use that to drive the animation of a higher rez poly.
    Are you using Houdini to do this? If so how? The only way I know how to do this is to use the Cloth Capture and Cloth Deform SOPs. I tried with my existing lo-rez geometry and wasn't that pleased with the results. I'm sure it's fine for cloth, but on character stuff I'm not so sure how good it is. I'd be curious what other options I have.
  • Jim Crafton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dpes anyone have any advice for how to edit the FBX rig after you've brought it into Houdini? There are a couple of bones that I'd like to adjust their set up position a bit, but I'm not sure how to do this with Houdini. I know how to edit a normal Houdini bones rig, but the fbx rig is simply not built the same way.
  • Jim Crafton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK I figured this out, or at least a way to edit it without using Houdini. I didn't realize you could import rigs made outside of mixamo as well as re-upload the automated fbx rig. So using Modo I was able to adjust bone positions and edit the weighting and then reapply the samba dance mocap animation.
  • Edrice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edrice polycounter lvl 7
    @Jim, I would not do it in houdini, because I don't know houdini, it should be possible to do it in houdini though. I imported my Maximo rig in max, tweaked it there, and then went to houdini.
  • Jim Crafton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think, if I understand things correctly, that if you alter the bone placement or rotations (not the animation, but the setup positions/rotations), then you'll need to upload it back to mixamo and regenerate the mocap animation. Assuming that's correct (that's what I was able to get to work), then to do this with houdini, assuming you could get it to work, which I'm doubtful, you'd have to export an FBX file, which isn't allowed in Apprentice or Apprentice HD version.
    Weight painting you can do, though, so if that's all you need to do, you're OK to stay in Houdini.
  • Jim Crafton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another question for hte Mixamo folks (or anyone else who knows). When I import the FBX that the mixamo service generates into Modo 601 sp5 it comes in very small, specifically it seems to be scaled down by a factor of 0.01. Any idea what's causing that? Any else have this problem with other programs?
  • harmless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harmless polycounter lvl 8
    Sometimes there is a difference of scale factor between various 3d softwares. In your case it sounds like a discrepancy between exported unit in the fbx and working unit in modo. Fbx is not a binary format, you could just open it in a text editor to see what the working unit is in the fbx file to verify this is the case. To compensate when importing in a 3d software you could change the scale factor in the fbx import options. Usually you would set your scale factor on fbx export, because you have knowledge on what 3d package you intend to use and what your working unit is. Even if Mixamo does not let you choose the scale factor of an fbx on export, you simply choose the scale factor on import.
  • Dryulya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And where in the Houdini is scale factor on import. I probably will as always looking in the wrong place.
  • harmless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harmless polycounter lvl 8
    Dryulya wrote: »
    And where in the Houdini is scale factor on import. I probably will as always looking in the wrong place.

You do not have access to this feature when importing in houdini. You have to change the scale after import, or adjust the scale factor on export from a different 3d package, if possible.
  • Dryulya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank harmless. And how to do it correctly after export. Uniform Scale is not suitable for cloth simulation.