Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fantasy Worker [WIP]

codyaq2
greentooth
Offline / Send Message
codyaq2 greentooth
Started this the other night, trying to create a fantasy worker NPC character that you could see in a town within a RPG or the likes. I was also thinking making a little creature that sits on his shoulder and helps him out with work.

Any comments or crits will be appreciated :)

Replies

• teggs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you are off to a great start but I am a bit confused by this character’s role as a worker. Right now he looks a bit like a farmer and a bit like a miner. Now I am not very familiar with farming equipment but a pickaxe is not what I typically think of as a tool for a farmer. He also has the stereotypical overalls, straw sticking out of his mouth and a hat which is somewhat reminiscent of a pumpkin. I think to further push this character you might want to consider really pushing the visual cues to imply what this guy does for a living. Really think about his back story and what you can do to make his appearance reflect that. Also if you can tie his helper creature into this story through visual cues I think the finished piece will be much stronger. Keep it up. I am curious to see how this character and his helper take shape.
  • codyaq2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    codyaq2 greentooth
    Thanks for the feedback teggs! Yeah i agree, i guess he is a multi-type of worker :) I will def do a pass on him again to push the fantasy and who he is.

Here is a quick sculpt for his helper creatures to help tie in the fantasy theme. One is a pumpkin, the other is a flower type creature.
  • codyaq2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    codyaq2 greentooth
    Done some more work with the helper, made it a hybrid of the two! I am kind of liking where this is going, going to really push it.
  • codyaq2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    codyaq2 greentooth
    Started some texture work for this guy, also seeing how it would look from an ideal game angle.
    Any comments and crits thanks :)

farmer_wip_01.png