Home Unity

webplay fps cap at 50

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Frankie polycounter lvl 19
Is anyone else getting this and possibly know how to fix it?

edit whoops I meant to type webplayer in the title :D

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    if i recall correctly its something that is browser based. For some odd reason, Safari of all browsers doesnt have a cap
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    I don't believe that it is a browser issue as the Flash player which also is a plugin can run at 60 fps on a mac - although stage3d performance on the mac is in general a bit weaker as on PC.
    I would expect similar performance differences with the Unity plugin on mac or PC but in booth cases it should be able to handle 60 fps.
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah it's strange, reading the unity forums it sounds like a bug that got introduced, I'm sure I remember my game running above 50!

While I've got a thread going, do you know how to get non power of 2 textures working. The settings don't seem to do anything in the editor view.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For NPoT, you'll have to set the texture to Advanced and tick the Not Power of Two box.

Although if it's for GUI stuff, just set the texture type to GUI. That should support NPoT textures (and I think it disables stuff that GUI textures won't need like mipmaps and such).
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I had found that setting but it doesn't work out, the texture preview says its NPOT and looks correct, but with point filtering turned on, in the editor, you can clearly see its upsizing the texture. GUI texture is no longer selectable as I have used that option to select Advanced. Any ideas?
  • tobeeffle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tobeeffle polycounter lvl 5
    did you test remove the dxt5 importer and put texture format on : "true color" ?
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not really sure what you mean, I messed around with the dds formats a bit but nothing changed really. Oh well, we've worked around the problem now but thanks anyway.

Actually only the NPOT problem, still not sure about the 50fps