Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space Jet Texture WIP

Hey polycount community! Semi-newbie game artist over here. I'm a 1st year game student. Basically, I (along with the rest of my classmates) were given the same mesh to work with, a simple low-poly, pre-UV'd jet plane. The assignment is to fully texture it and then model some other type of attachment for the plane and texture that as well (which I will tackle later).

Anyway, I've got a solid 2 weeks to work on it and I just started on some basic texture today. I decided to add in normal, spec, OCC, and reflectivity maps to just kind of visualize what the final product will look like. I only blocked out the base colors and stuff for now. I'm aiming to make it as realistic as possible with the minimum tri's that I have. If anyone can provide me with some constructive critique and/or tips it would be much appreciated!

Also, don't be shy with all the fancy terms. While I'm technically a beginner, I have experience with Maya interface from a while back. I transitioned from Blender. ;] Anywho, here are some screens!

Perspective.jpg

Top.jpg

Front.jpg

Side.jpg