Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fallout NV Energy Six-Shooter WIP

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Gungriffon Geona polycounter lvl 18
I've been working on a model for a stylized energy gun for a Fallout NV mod, and I'm running short on ideas for progressing (aside from spamming vents but that's the amatuer's way out so fuck that) So I felt it necessary to make a thread and ask for critique, paintovers, what have you!

RBf6A.jpg
this is as it looks currently.
nevpf.png
this is the concept art I drew up initially (and I'm deviating from quite a bit honestly)

Replies

• Millenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millenia polycount sponsor
    Hey cool, shaping up well. I'd soften up those high poly edges a lot to make for a better bake, tho. Soft edges and 45 degree angles are the best when baking normals.
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went back to try and fix that, but seems the barrel of the gun can only be fixed a little due to the way I did the hard edges on it. It looks better now, and I was able to get everything else smoothed out atleast

more progress, mostly small additions at the moment.
    seriously, any comments are welcome!
    c7ZNs.png
    IVltj.jpg
  • ASGUARDVIKING
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey dude, I think ya are doing ok. Im a skyrim modder so i understand your pain a little. I would keep adding the small details that ya can in the modeling stage and finish the rest with textures. I wouldn't add the scope unless ya can use it in the game. Gotta keep the modders happy and if the scope dont work it wont be as attractive. Take it into Zbrush if ya have it and add some sculpting and textures on the handle and barrel, scrapes and a handle similar to a glock. Hope this helps or made seance im kinda tired and sick haha.
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cKSFD.jpg

I ended up testing out Ddo with this thing. turned out incredibly well considering there's still a few odds and ends to attach to it. thankfully it's just a small port on the side of the barrel, nothing difficult!