ANDEWEGET polycounter lvl 6
Hello poly-people!
I've been working on a Star Wars rebel snow trooper. That's what I got so far:
BRUCE_FREAKIN_WILLIS.jpg
rs_back.jpg
wire_front.jpg
wire_back.jpg
face_wire.jpg

I know that he looks 'a bit' like Bruce Willis. ;)
It's at about 10k tris but the face (which is actually a complete head right now) still has to be optimized a bit.
Crits are appreciated (and wanted). :)
There's still some stuff to do like the backpack.

So, criticize away!

Replies

• jimmyjaba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jimmyjaba polycounter lvl 5
    Looks like a great start dude. I wouldn't say that I'm good enough to be giving any real crits so dont take what I say as verbatim but heres what catchs my eye.

1. There seems to be some bad shading errors, most likely from your normal map such as the belt and trouser areas.

2. You've lost alot of detail in the trouser padding as well. I would go back and rework this area and try and make it pop abit more.

3. The lower torso area seems quite dull compared to the amount of detail you have on the upper. Maybe adding some armour detail on the boot guards would bring this out more?

4. The white of his coat is abit to clean for me. He would be working in the hanger, feeding the tontons, that sort of thing, dirty him up abit and get some variations in the texture.

Like I said I would not class my self as an expert, just food for thought. Keep it up man, hes looking good!
  • ANDEWEGET
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ANDEWEGET polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks. ;)
    1. Could you explain where exactly? The belt's normal detail is a bit too sharp and there's a problem with the end of it, yes. I can't see the problem with the trousers though.
    2. Yes, somehow that one didn't turn out too well. Thanks.
    3. Isn't the torso only the chest + belly? :D I agree on the boot guards, they're pretty crappy.
    4. Gonna consider that. I experimented with a more yellow/brownish color but that was not crispy enough. I'll test some small scale yellow/brown dirt.

Thanks for your suggestions. :)
  • jimmyjaba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jimmyjaba polycounter lvl 5
    yeah sorry about my bad terminology there, keep going dude!!