Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Willem takes a whack at the GuildWars test!

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
Yes! Yet another one!

Hey guys, I've been cranking away at this in my free time at home, and was on the verge of wrapping when we got hit with our layoff news. I've been inundated with paperwork, folio prep and outreach, so this is on hold within inches of the finish line. Bad news since I found out about the challenge months after it was announced, so I'm a bit behind the curve.

I don't want the lull to go to waste though, so I was hoping I could grab some feedback from you guys while I'm taking care of bidness so I can jump on the tweaks and get then knocked out in short order. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

GuildWars_Prefinal_4feedback.jpg
GWTurnarounds_01.jpg
GWDetails_01.jpg

Replies

• Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    The arms seem a bit long and her navel seems a bit undefined texture-wise, but other than that she's pretty damn awesome.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Nice catch marsh on the navel I didn't even look their but yea noticeable once you pointed it out.

On her leg at that angle anyway it looks funny, probably would be a good idea to just smooth that out since It's not really a place you would pay attention to when she's in motion, and you would probably only see her backside if she was a playable character but it stands out to me as an area that takes away, almost looks like a smoothing error even though I know It's not. if you like it that's fine just a suggestion.

What are you rendering with?

Otherwise I agree everything else seems great good to see everyones version of her I can only imagine how many people entered. I think now they changed it around to instead of hiring they are looking for interns? I could be wrong best of luck this is looking great either way and look like your almost done.

Nice work!
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    Nice! thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah i definitely need to do another pass on the skin for the body. Been spending too much time fixating on the face but never brought the rest up to the same level of polish. That along with the hair is top of my list.

The suggestion on the knee is a good one too. the focus is on the face anyway, so i dont need that kinda detail on the knee. Better to average that out.

$!nz, yeah, I dunno what the status of that job is. I originally just did this for the challenge, but now that I'm in the market, I'm glad to have it as a portfolio piece. Def would be sweet to work there, so I'll send it in to them and see, but im not counting on anything.

I using the ragular old grey material from zbrush with Wax preview for the highpoly. The game rez is 3point viewport captures. I have yet to figure out how to turn up the global ambient in 3pt so I can know out the black shadows without overexposing the rest of the tex.

Thanks guys! And keep em comin if you see anything else