DOTA2 Hero Shader - 3DS Shader Material - RELEASED!

124

Replies

  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    iniside wrote: »
    E:\DOTA2\memory(454,18): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    E:\DOTA2\memory(455,19): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    E:\DOTA2\memory(456,20): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    E:\DOTA2\memory(464,15): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    E:\DOTA2\memory(470,19): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    E:\DOTA2\memory(479,2): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected token ';'
    
    What I get after loading shader in 3ds max 2013.


    Should be fixed now... Sorry for the inconvenience!

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8510078/Dota2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Max.fx
  • iniside
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    Drew++ wrote: »
    Thanks. It's working now!
  • shannxn
    But how do I preview the Alpha? I check on Alpha Test but that didn't work. It's reading the info from Mask 1 or Mask 2??
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 6
    2N36jO7.jpg

    Any idea what's going on here? The normals are pointing outward but the shader is behaving as if they're pointing inward. If I reveres the normals (pointing inward now) it displays fine on the outside but receives the wrong lighting information.
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 6
    Gah, I fixed it and feel incredibly stupid. The problem was that they were scaled negatively for some reason so just freezing transforms did the trick. T.T
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 5
    Ah yes, I was about to mention doing the equivalent of Reset Normals/XForm in Maya, since this seems to be a common occurrence with alot of the non-updated downloads of the models.

    Glad you got it fixed, cheers!
  • darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 5
    I'm having a similar problem in max. My normals are flipped when I put the shader on for some reason and freeze transform isn't changing that. Anyone know what could cause this?

    Edit: I have my normals flipped correctly now but my models are still showing up as transparent..
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    darkkyo wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem in max. My normals are flipped when I put the shader on for some reason and freeze transform isn't changing that. Anyone know what could cause this?

    Edit: I have my normals flipped correctly now but my models are still showing up as transparent..

    Have you done reset xForm? That might help. If that doesn't help, select all elements on that mesh and detach them to a new object... Sometimes I have to do that in 3DS Max
  • brojomaan
    Im also still having an issue with this. i have reset xforms. reset normals and models are still appearling backwards.
  • brojomaan
    Fixed! sorry i found out that my 3ds max was reverting settings every time i closed. must be because i do not have admin on this computer. thanks anyways!
  • K-PAX
    Offline / Send Message
    K-PAX polycounter lvl 4
    i find another bug.1.JPG

    self illuminate can't work wtih alpha test.

    in red part self illuminate light the part that already cut out. the green work correct(there only alpha test)
  • beetledig
    darkkyo be shure you are set Derect 3D display driver, not Nitrous.
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 6
    I still can't get the alpha test to work at all, even on the default items :(
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    Spudnik wrote: »
    I still can't get the alpha test to work at all, even on the default items :(

    3DS Max or Maya? It doesn't work in Maya, due to the compiler I was using.

    - I'll try and release an update real soon guys! :)
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi greentooth
    Thx a ton for this shader.

    ^_^

    Absolute Godsend.
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 6
    Drew++ wrote: »
    3DS Max or Maya? It doesn't work in Maya, due to the compiler I was using.

    - I'll try and release an update real soon guys! :)

    Yep, Maya :D
  • vikk0
    Hey guys, I'm having an issue that is really driving me crazy!

    I've been trying to use the viewport 2.0 in Maya (2013 and 2014), and the shader doesn't want to work properly.. When I select the object, unselect, zoom in, zoom out, select other objects, sometimes the shader works, but then when I try to use antialiasing, and other properties, I have to do all this uncertain process again to make it work.

    But the BIG problem is that it isn't working anymore! Only on Default or High Quality Rendering tab...but I just can't drop this like that because there is no antiliasing on the other viewers :(

    Here is the error that I've got. It keeps poping everytime I move the camera

    // cgfxShaderNode::cgErrorCallBack //
    // Error: The parameter used is invalid. //
    // Error: E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(653) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(548 ) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(712) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(330) : warning C7021: variable "lightPosition_1" domain conflicts with semantics "POSITION"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(353) : warning C7021: variable "lightPosition_2" domain conflicts with semantics "POSITION"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(376) : warning C7021: variable "lightPosition_3" domain conflicts with semantics "POSITION"



    Maybe I'm doing something very very wrong (?) :(


    EDIT: It seems that I have to click on the Reload Button to make it work. But it stop working again if I simply make any change on any slider... Specular Color, for instance, or any changes on my camera..
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 5
    I don't think standard shaders work with VP2.0 in Maya correctly currently. I think you're limited to the Ubershader in that case which comes with Maya.

    I think you're limited to VP1.0 in that case, if anyone else can confirm, that would be grand.
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    I don't have Maya 2013 or 2014 to check this out with :/

    Not quite sure what the error of "The parameter used is invalid." means.
    The rest of the things after this are just simple warnings, which can be ignored. :)

    I will try and get this update out today if I can get a copy of Maya 2014 to test it with. But, keep checking back for the update! Other bugs will be fixed too.
  • Boonta
    Drew++ wrote: »
    3DS Max or Maya? It doesn't work in Maya, due to the compiler I was using.

    - I'll try and release an update real soon guys! :)


    Awesome .. can't wait for this ..
  • MichaelF
    Offline / Send Message
    MichaelF polycounter lvl 6
    Any update on the Maya alpha fix? :)
  • bobmartien
    Offline / Send Message
    bobmartien polycounter lvl 4
    Well. This shader looks amazing.
    I will test it.
  • shannxn
    Me normal map is still not workingzzzz T_T so frustrating! :poly118: *screamsforhelp*
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    shannxn wrote: »
    Me normal map is still not workingzzzz T_T so frustrating! :poly118: *screamsforhelp*

    Not quite sure why it's not working. Any way you can provide me with a screenshot or more information on how it's "not working"?

    Also, I just got a copy of Maya 2014 so Hopefully I now fix all of these bugs :D
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    vikk0 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm having an issue that is really driving me crazy!

    I've been trying to use the viewport 2.0 in Maya (2013 and 2014), and the shader doesn't want to work properly.. When I select the object, unselect, zoom in, zoom out, select other objects, sometimes the shader works, but then when I try to use antialiasing, and other properties, I have to do all this uncertain process again to make it work.

    But the BIG problem is that it isn't working anymore! Only on Default or High Quality Rendering tab...but I just can't drop this like that because there is no antiliasing on the other viewers

    Here is the error that I've got. It keeps poping everytime I move the camera

    // cgfxShaderNode::cgErrorCallBack //
    // Error: The parameter used is invalid. //
    // Error: E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(653) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(548 ) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(712) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(330) : warning C7021: variable "lightPosition_1" domain conflicts with semantics "POSITION"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(353) : warning C7021: variable "lightPosition_2" domain conflicts with semantics "POSITION"
    E:/Art/Files, Plugins, etc/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.1_Maya.cgfx(376) : warning C7021: variable "lightPosition_3" domain conflicts with semantics "POSITION"



    Maybe I'm doing something very very wrong (?)


    EDIT: It seems that I have to click on the Reload Button to make it work. But it stop working again if I simply make any change on any slider... Specular Color, for instance, or any changes on my camera..

    vikk0 - Making Viewport 2.0 work properly isn't something I can do from the shader. This looks like an internal problem with Maya. It shows an error, but the lights position seem to work fine, except it doesn't finish the rest of the shader! So for accurate results, please use High Quality or Default Quality!

    MichaelF wrote: »
    Any update on the Maya alpha fix?
    Spudnik wrote: »
    I still can't get the alpha test to work at all, even on the default items

    This bug is fixed guys!

    Here is 2.2 With a few fixes! ( Tested in Maya 2014 )
    Changes in Version 2.2
    -Bug: Tint base by spec was done incorrectly! Originally fixed 1/21/2013
    -Bug: Alpha wasn't affecting the emmisive pass.
    -Bug: Fixed an accident where I had 'static' in front of a struct. Originally fixed 04/12/2013
    -Bug: Now supports ALPHA transparency! I fixed alpha test issue with the compiler profile. ( Maya )
    -Added: URL for Support and description! ( Maya )


    Max and Maya : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8510078/Dota2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2.zip
    Max Shader Only : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8510078/Dota2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2_Max.fx
    Maya Shader Only : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8510078/Dota2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2_Maya.cgfx

    Please post here with any bugs! :D
  • german01
    Offline / Send Message
    german01 polycounter lvl 9
    Version 2.2 don´t work on Max

    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(462,18): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(463,19): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(464,20): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(472,15): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(478,19): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(573,11): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(585,16): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(653,9): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(667,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,52): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'texCoord'
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,27): error X3013: 'tex2D': intrinsic function does not take 2 parameters
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,27): error X3013: Possible intrinsic functions are:
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,27): error X3013: tex2D(sampler2D, float2)
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,27): error X3013: tex2D(sampler2D, float2, float2, float2)
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    german01 wrote: »
    Version 2.2 don´t work on Max

    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(462,18): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(463,19): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(464,20): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(472,15): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(478,19): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(573,11): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(585,16): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(653,9): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(667,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,52): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'texCoord'
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,27): error X3013: 'tex2D': intrinsic function does not take 2 parameters
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,27): error X3013: Possible intrinsic functions are:
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,27): error X3013: tex2D(sampler2D, float2)
    C:\Programas\Autodesk\Max2013\3ds Max 2013\maps\fx\memory(720,27): error X3013: tex2D(sampler2D, float2, float2, float2)

    Whoops, I can't believe I forgot to add that :3 Fixed now!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8510078/Dota2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2_Max.fx
  • Boonta
    Thanks! alpha in maya looks great.

    Something i noticed : It appears that in maya the shader acts as if a light is coming from the camera direction all the time. Which is cool but when you add custom lights to the shader it appears this isnt overridden:

    i.e. if u add one light to the shader positioned at the characters back and move the camera to view the characters front... both sides will be lit. Where the front should be in darkness.
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    Pale-Face wrote: »
    Thanks! alpha in maya looks great.

    Something i noticed : It appears that in maya the shader acts as if a light is coming from the camera direction all the time. Which is cool but when you add custom lights to the shader it appears this isnt overridden:

    i.e. if u add one light to the shader positioned at the characters back and move the camera to view the characters front... both sides will be lit. Where the front should be in darkness.

    I'll look into this. Make sure you're not using Viewport 2.0! Could possibly be a bug.

    Thanks!
  • cman2k
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 11
    No more example files? Can anyone else re-host them? Or is there a working link?
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Cman,

    Updated the link, it should work now, here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2bs1xor9i4aelwl/Example%20Folder.zip?token_hash=AAGj7zx7GSLGzrWBtDqKPOwBYwdlV3sEQLMSqDnLVpFOWg&dl=1

    I'm not sure how useful it will be, it's mostly Sven and Lina in a Max scene with the textures in the folder, you might need to refresh the material and apply the latest shader properly since the last few updates.

    I don't have access to Maya, but since Valve already offers Maya scene files in their downloads, that's the best place to get them if you use Maya.

    Cheers!
  • mcteapot
    Hi

    Was getting into Dota2 modding and found this shader and it is f**king amazing! Thank you so much for making it.

    Just wanted to help in my own way and made a sample project setting up skeleton king in Maya. Took me a while to figure it out and thought for future maya users it could be useful.
    47tl8Tj.png
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8vbagot6zcsblm/MayaDota.zip

    PS: being that this is a CG shader, bet you can get it up and running in UNITY with no problem.
  • mrpresident
    Alphas are now working in maya! Yay! :D

    ...but the normals not working problem is still there XD. All masks, diffuse, and normal are applied but ticking the "Enable normal map" box results in no changes, I've tried it with several different models and different specular/rimlight settings, reloading the textures, different viewport renderers etc and got nada.

    I'm using maya 2013, 64 bit.
  • MechBgum
    Thanks for an awesome shader, I managed to get it working flawlessly (metalness and alphas, yay)
    One thing - is that possible to get specularwarp working? AFAIK the only hero that uses this effect is Nyx, but oh boy is it just gorgeous:

    nyx.jpg
  • wcoastsands
    Offline / Send Message
    wcoastsands polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks so much for sharing this! Still trying to get it to work in Maya, though. Shader sample appears solid green. Enabled "Use Diffuse Map" and "Enable Normal Map" on the hero shader. Using default lighting in the scene; disabled "Use Light 1/2/3" on the shader.

    Maybe I'm missing something here with the setup. Suggestions?

    Running Maya 2013 x64 on MacBook Pro w/ Intel HD3000 hardware. Not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks!

    Screen+Shot+2013-09-19+at+3.34.40+PM.png
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    Hmm, never have tested it on Intel hardware before. Maybe you can change the viewport renderer to high quality, or something else? I have tested it on OS X before, and it worked fine. :)
  • wcoastsands
    Offline / Send Message
    wcoastsands polycounter lvl 5
    Hmm, still no joy. Tried Low Quality, High Quality, and Viewport 2.0; body remains in blackout for all three. I see a little reflection like edge lighting when the Normal Map is disabled. If I disable Hardware Shading the body appears green. Body appears textured as intended when using a blinn material with the shading group instead. No idea where to go from this point.

    Any other suggestions? If you think it's Intel related, is there an area in the shader script you could recommend I look into?

    Thanks again!

    Edit: N/m... just another example of PEBKAC (problem existing between keyboard and chair). Got the diffuse to show, but I'm still nowhere close to getting this shader to work properly. :poly141: Going to switch over to Substance Designer for now. I'll revisit this again later when I have time to wrap my head around it yet. Thanks!

    Edit: Gave it one more go with the example project provided by @mcteapot (thank you!). Looks like it might be an issue with my system. Most of the wearable items and the body appear in full or partial blackout. The blackout area seen on Skeleton King's cape moves with the camera. Seems like any areas of reflected light are simply blacked out.

    Screen+Shot+2013-09-20+at+2.51.04+PM.png
  • Farfarer
    Offline / Send Message
    Farfarer Polycount Sponsor
    Any idea why the gloss (Mask 2 Alpha) channel doesn't work in 3DS Max 2012?

    Doesn't seem to matter what file format it is or what I put in the channel - it has no effect.
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    Farfarer wrote: »
    Any idea why the gloss (Mask 2 Alpha) channel doesn't work in 3DS Max 2012?

    Doesn't seem to matter what file format it is or what I put in the channel - it has no effect.

    I tested this in Max 2010, and it's working fine there. But I do get this error in 3DS Max 2013. It seems like it's not loading any changes I make to a file. So what I have to do is go and re-select the mask2 file. The reload button doesn't seem to work. Not quite sure what causes this! Just some silly bug with 3DS Max.
    Let me know if doing this works for you!
  • down_limit
    Offline / Send Message
    down_limit polycounter lvl 4
    hey guys. can you help me? i can't understand reason of this error


    529ae8060f559160e7ba4c58a89ffe36c66cf95f.jpg
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    down_limit wrote: »
    hey guys. can you help me? i cant understend reasin of this error

    Hmm, not sure what's causing this... Are you using the version from the links I provided? They're both working on my end.

    Here is the link to the shader...
    Dota2Hero_Shader_2.2_Max.fx
  • down_limit
    Offline / Send Message
    down_limit polycounter lvl 4
    i'm try to use 2.0 and 2.2... results = 0 :( working in 3D's Max 2012
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    down_limit wrote: »
    i'm try to use 2.0 and 2.2... results = 0 :( working in 3D's Max 2012

    All I can say is make sure you're rendering in DirectX 9 mode, not Nitrous, or DirectX 10. ( go to Customize>Preferences...>Viewports>Choose Driver...)
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    Just letting you guys know there is an update coming VERY soon :D This release should be super close to the in game shader!
    (Orge Magi of course!)

    6vQOL

    Specular Warp!
    6w59F.png

    Here's a list of current changes. List will be modified :)
    Changes in Version 2.3 ( as of 1/23/2014 )
    -Changes: Specular and diffuse calculation combined
    -Changes: Removed "Custom Fresnel Ranges" for specular and rim terms
    -Changes: Reworked "Fresnel Color Warp"
    -Changes: Alpha test culling
    -Bug: Fixed sRGB read on diffuse/albedo texture and output final lighting in linear color space.
    -Added: "Fresnel Warp" texture sampler. This is also known in the .vmt as $fresnelwarp ** NOT to be confused with $freselcolowarp **
    -Added: Specular warp
    -Added: Detail blend mode ( more options come soon )
    -Added: Option to set the alpha map location as normal map alpha or diffuse map alpha
  • TrevorJ
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ greentooth
    Sweet, i saw this thread before but it went under my radar, going to test it on the next update. Thanks again for making this! Great job
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    I've got a fresh new version for you guys! 2.3! This one is very very close to what you will see in engine, if not exact(hopefully no silly bugs) :P

    What's new in version 2.3
    -Changes: Specular and diffuse calculation combined
    -Changes: Removed "Custom Fresnel Ranges" for specular and rim terms
    -Changes: Reworked "Fresnel Color Warp"
    -Changes: Alpha test culling
    -Bug: Fixed sRGB read on diffuse/albedo texture and output final lighting in linear color space
    -Bug: Fixed some issues with diffuse warp, and other warps. UVW Adresses were not set to "CLAMP" causing artifacts to show ( 3DS Max )
    -Added: "Fresnel Warp" texture sampler. This is also known in the .vmt as $fresnelwarp ** NOT to be confused with $freselcolowarp **
    -Added: Specular warp
    -Added: Detail tiling/scale
    -Added: Option to toggle on Mask 1 and Mask 2, with ideal default values
    -Known Issues: Weird issue with diffuse warp( Maya ), strange lines on the model when using IBL cubemap( Maya )

    Orge Magi displayed with Version 2.3
    OrgeMagi_23.png

    Nyx displayed with version 2.3 ( Now with specular warp! )
    NyxSpecularWarp.png

    Custom content shown with Version 2.3(Courtesy of Fewes and Buntcake)

    FewesInvokerSet.jpg

    Grab it here!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8510078/Dota2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.3/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.3.zip

    * Things to note *
    -For proper Specular, Fresnel and Rim terms you MUST load the included "fresnelranges.tga" texture.

    fresnelranges.png
    -You can specify a custom "Fresnel Warp" texture that your hero uses.
    -3DS Max users can auto load this texture by placing it into your "maps" folder of your install. Example: "YourDrive\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\maps"



    Hope you guys enjoy! And report back here with bugs, issues and requests.
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior ngon master
    Hi there - great work again, this shader is extremely useful especially at the earlier stages of texturing, when an asset is not ready for in-game export just yet.

    I cannot really test it at the moment (no workstation at hand) but I do have a question : did you guys make it so that things like specular strength, metalness or fresnel react just like the game if one inputs the actual values from a given character's VMT ? Like these :

    dotavmtmadvalues_zps0c880580.png~original

    For instance I would love to see how the Ogre Magi model looks like with this shader when given the exact values from its own VMT. But maybe it is already setup like that in the above screenshot ?
  • Drew++
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 7
    pior wrote: »

    did you guys make it so that things like specular strength, metalness or fresnel react just like the game if one inputs the actual values from a given character's VMT ?

    They should be exactly the same! You'll have to test it out for yourself! Just make sure you load the Fresnel warp texture, aka $fresnelwarp that is included in the .zip file, or the one your .vmt specifies. If none are specified the included .tga is the engines default. :)
    pior wrote: »
    And of course it would be awesome if there was a way to load these text files directly into the shader !

    I'm looking into this actually!
  • Fewes
    Offline / Send Message
    Fewes polycounter lvl 7
    The values are compatible! The Invoker picture was made using values from the VMTs.

    Comparision with Invoker's cape (the color of the lighting is different):

    6y7cS.jpg
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior ngon master
    That's really awesome to hear. Can't wait to try it out !
124
Sign In or Register to comment.