Home General Discussion

Game Dev Daily

Hey Polycount, after a lot of thought and some encouragement from a few people, I have decided to start a daily streaming session for artists of all skill levels!

I have a few goals in mind that I hope to accomplish.

Firstly, I want to stream myself creating 3D art! Simple.

Secondly, I want to give a general walkthrough of what I am working on, how I am doing it, what my workflow looks like, ect. All in realtime while I work.

Thirdly, I want to take questions and comments and elaborate or answer them with examples and demonstrations if possible, making sure they are fully understood.

Overall, I want this to be a few hours worth of time where artists can get together and talk about game-art. The ideal outcome would be for everyone to come and watch, learn, bounce ideas off eachother, and receive critique or comments about problems they may be facing with their art.

Also, I know I am not the best artist, so if anyone has tips for me, I will gladly take them and work them into my streams so everyone can incorperate them as well.

Starting out, I am thinking about streaming every weekday starting at 6 PM PST for 2-3 hours depending on how much time I have each day.

My stream can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/AtlasZMH

I will be announcing broadcasts on twitter @ZachHahn3D as well as through twitch's announcement services.

As I am an environment artist, most of my focus will be on that, but I have no problem having people come with character questions. I will try to help to the best of my ability!

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you during the streams!

Replies