Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Riki - Death whisper

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ACap polycounter lvl 9
Once more Hello everybody! I am, suddenly, realised that I have some time to work with this guy, As I understood how game importer work, now I can safely bring this killer to life), at the same time exporting my completed entries. I am not quite sure about the colors. Tried different variations, but only happy with that simple color set. Progress soon.

riki-Death-whisper.jpg

Replies

• ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Well. guys. 3d part is almost completed. Now I need to make my masks, import all to the engine and make good presentation for each of my entries.
    riki-Death-whisper.jpg
  • Shadoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    I would suggest you to change the colors of his armor. It doesn't quite fit his normal color scheme nor does it really look good on him in my opinion. :) Just a bit of advice.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Shadoris - Thank you.
    Insaneophobia - Thank you. I am agree with you and I think It is now too bright for stealth hero. I will play with colors later.
    I did some presentaiton work. Here is my progress.
    presentation-sheet---Death-Whisper.jpg
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    All of your sets have some nice forms, good ideas and allot of potential, however your diffuse is letting you down on all of them. Take a little time and look at the Valve art guide, the color maps that come with the game, and consider your pallet.

Mostly you need to use more than one or two colors, and consider the material some of these items are made of. For example his tail is purple and striped yet his skin is blue? the entire dagger including the blade's purple?

I do think you are 90% of the way with these items, a good overhaul of the colors and they would really shine.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Lennyagony - Thank you. I will rework his colors, for sure. Those purble colors are just too bright, although it looks cool in game, but for stealth hero it is just too much. And purple tail do not looks bad when you look from the distance. I thought about sword as about something magical - done by great master with rare, powerful materials. So, I think purple handle is not that bad. But it is just my opinion. I am not a big fan of many coloured schemes, but those definitely should be reworked. Anyway, thank you, you gave me a lot of things to thought.)
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I just have to say not that yours fall into this harsh example/category (cause their is potential in all your items) but seriously something along these lines has to be said eventually and I guess I'll be that guy.

Valve isn't going to let lack of effort designs into the game people are just flooding the store with things no one will like or want cause they don't see quality in the items, their time(creators) is being wasted but I guess that's their choice, if they seriously think Valve will allow sub-par quality into the store they are waisting their own time.

Why you think they made this contest...

Otherwise I 100% agree with Lenny.

Also if anyones sets make/made It in I will shut up and you can PM me about It later on down the road and gloat if you like.

If I am wrong I welcome clarification.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    $!nz - Thank you. I already decided to rework my characters. 2 weeks extention is a plenty of time. Progress soon.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Changed colours a bit. Not very happy yet, I think that some changes will be made later.
    riki-Death-whisper-colortweak.jpg
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    I'd say look into adding a third color to help break up the purple, which currently has a sort of zebra-striping issue of blurring the lines between the various shapes. I'd recommend a bronze or gold accent or even silver if you really want to keep the color scheme on the cool side. Some asymmetry in the shoulder and forearm armor would be nice too. The rings on the tail might benefit from making them look more like armor or jewelry that he actually puts on, with the tail spike attached to that rather than the whole tail looking like some magical construct.

I do like the shapes and style, but it is just a bit too one-note at the moment.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    naruSol - Thank you. I think you are right and I definitely need to add third color. I think it will be somethink brown. Progress soon.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Well guys. I completed. Tried different color variations, but returned to the initial. May be I have a bad taste)
    presentation-sheet---Death-Whisper-1.jpg
    presentation-sheet---Death-Whisper-0.jpg
    Actually I did not imported set fully. At the first I found that all my items have identical sword icons that I can not change) so I deleted items and tried to reload, but I think server is overloaded now, so I had no luck)
    Fixed my problem. Just went to sleep and turn off my pc. And when I wake up everything worked good.
    Ingame shots
    death-whisper-screens.jpg