Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Sniper - Alchemist Woodsman

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
toxic_h2o polycounter lvl 8
Hey PC!

We have chosen to give the sniper a alchemist woodsman theme.

Group effort: toxic_h2o, twig, and vilk.

Current Concept by Twig.

Dress_Up3.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Replies

• marul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    Wow too much detail, sniper has a relatively small model so you should better check it translates like you intend in game. You may have to remove some details and make some others bigger>easier to spot.
  • Twig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Twig polycounter lvl 8
    Better more detail than not enough we can pull some of it back during the modeling.
    Messing around with putting a plant on his back and might give him dreads as well.

Dress_Up3.jpg
  • vilk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I've got everything blocked out with his armor set, but the goggles will need to be reworked a bit. They just don't seem to add anything to his character yet. Will be taking the backpack and the spaulders into Zbrush to give them some more interest. I'll also start UVing the bracers tonight to get those out of the way.
    Dota2_02.jpg

Comment and crit welcome!
  • vilk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dota2_03.jpg

Reworked the bracers and spaulders trying to give a more cohesive look. Keeping the "bolts" a similar size and using the gem from the helmet in the concept in more places.

Also redid the backpack to give it a rounder form. Trying to match the style of the bag on the hip.
  • vilk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update! Decided not to uv the bracers yet and instead took them into zbrush today. Going for wood on the top part and metal for the cuff.

Also took the backpack into Zbrush but didn't get very far with that yet. I need a fresh pair of eyes so I'll break for the night and start again in the morning.

Dota2_Bracer_01.jpg

Dota2_Backpack_01.jpg
  • vilk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A bit more work done on the backpack. I’m starting to figure out what plant life he will have in his pack and continue on that tomorrow.

Dota2_Backpack_03.jpg

Dota2_Backpack_04.jpg
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like a good concept :). unfortunately I cant see the other images :( but should be good :)
  • CToph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dat pack. Also the hair, very few of the hair changes currently implemented in Dota2 for heroes are appealing, but i very much enjoy this style. Very cool.