Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cleopatra - May be image heavy

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
Hi everyone its been a bit since I posting a new project after finishing my Darknut model. Well im here with a new one, im making Cleopatra this was originally for the Showdown competition. But I just saw the new CG Hub competition and decided to do that instead, (grabbed my attention more)but I still want to finish this model. The basic Idea I had at the time was she would be a staff fighter like Seung Mina from Soul Calibur with an Egyptian Asp wrapped around her arm that would strike and poison opponents and what not. Anyway here is my moodboard and concept I came up with as well as some images. Let me know what you guys think so. i know its not much at the moment but of course anything you can point out would be helpful. :)

OfMJu.jpg
J2w9o.jpg
V4gmR.jpg
ROuuv.jpg

Replies

• 4evra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4evra polycounter lvl 4
    Perhaps a smaller nose,and more exposure on forehead.
    Her face doesnt seem as 'pretty' as on concept art :)
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    Her eyes are far to big
  • jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    The amount of muscle definition doesn't match how thick she is. It's fine if you don't want her to be skinny, but you wouldn't see the ribcage, abs, back of the delts, lats, separation of the gastrocnemius muscles etc. Also, the arms are too thin and ripped, the legs look too long and the torso is very short. You have some well-sculpted shapes in there, but some of the overall proportions look imbalanced to me. Look at the proportions of some women by Frazetta.
  • praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
    Jmt - Thanks for the advice I totally agree now especially seeing some of Frazetta's examples. i'll be sure to get that fixed right away.

TehSplat - Interesting observation i'll take a look at that thanks

Great advice so far guys keep it coming:)
  • jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    Glad I could help. You've got a solid start here.

Check out the "3.) Appealing Proportions" part of this for reference. http://sirspamdalot.livejournal.com/68226.html
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Fun-Fact: In some cultures, they would cut the skin around the edges of the eyes, to make them bigger, open wider, because eyes were considered the most 'telling part' of a person (I think they still do in some places).

So if you want, add a little bit of 'tear' effect at the edges, make them slightly darker or pink, to represent skin which as been operated on, that could work for the OCD in all of us who want realistic eyes :P