Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Allyway too clean_continued

I posted this a little while ago a got a lot of feedback to some very gracious polycounters, now that this piece has been updated a little I am creating a new thread and would like more feedback plz.

664859_10152225953240247_271685500_o.jpg

for the ground:
I have seen a number of times brick layed on the ground in such a fashion as this and I also thought putting some remnance of asphalt being layed over top seemed like it would look right, however I have had some trouble using more then two diffuse textures in my Vertex paint shader, its kinda hit and miss maybe someone can help.

Replies

• solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This has come a long way since I posted this pic and I got no crits since, so i guess i must be on the right track :)
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Broken glass. Paper litter. Cans. Disposable needles. Stains. Just general trash if you want it to be dirtier. I also get the feeling this might look more interesting as a night scene, but that's probably because when I think of alleyways in my mind it's always night, because cliches.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Hm I can't see your images for some reason..
  • Rikimaru03
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gotta add some lighting source. lights, wires, trash cans for all the trash bags that are back there, would think there would be a can or two. more depth to the brick textures, a sign or two, a car, some pipes, steam, grass poking through in a few spots, trimming for the bottom of that building, a frame from the entrance of that door.

Are you using any form of reference to what you want this shot to look like or are you just trying to make it up as you go?