Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Project Greta and the Sea - Devlog, Artdump

kio
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
kio polycounter lvl 15
hi there - i wanted to show some stuff for a while now, but did't have the time to.
Now i collected some images, to show you guys what im working on for the last few weeks. Hopefully ill get some input, to get this thing done.

This isnt going to be an all out "game" - its more like a virtual toy one can play with. well with a boat in this case, cruising around
and do some stuff - like fishing ( only action implemented so far ). Its aimed at children or wanna be children- or wealthy parents buying "useless" stuff for their kids ;)

I did all the work so far - maybe ill get some help in the future. Its being created with unity3d 3.5, no plans on upgrading to 4.0 so far.
Code is done in C#. The game is completly unlit, i try to keep it as resource friendly as possible - im already curios how it performs on older tablets and devices..
So far i already learned lots of stuff - starting with a little cg shader writing, and more "advanced" C# things like delegates etc.

its pretty open ended right now, maybe ill add some more environmental stuff next. well thats enough info for now. have fun - thanks for reading Benjamin.

images nao!

trydemo.gif

tugboat.png

cruisingandfishing.png

catches.png

first sketch of the captain, but its not decided yet.

martha_1.png

thats it for now :)

Replies