Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DOTA2] - Antimage - Ring leader

TrevorJ
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
Hey PC! heres my WIP so far, just got the block in models into Zbrush, going to start detailing. I had some concepts but i probably wont put those up, bad form I know, there just really bad scribbles ontop of pics of the model, im mostly going from some nice pics I found, ill post those once I get back home. thoughts/suggestions?

thanks for looking!
AntiMage_Wip.jpg

Replies

• Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Cool design! I think you can make the ornaments on the bracers a bit more interesting rather than just circles. Neat idea for the blades, I'd reduce the amount of space between the fist and the back of the blade though, right now it doesn't seem like he'd have much control when striking with those weapons.
  • LuCh!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LuCh! polycounter lvl 5
    looking good, but I'm missing something that makes your design stand out!
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a few more details added, started on the belt wrap, very rough. Still need to do some buckles on the front of the neck, the bracers haven't been touched yet, there going to have something similar to the mid section piece, with a strap running down each ring row(attatched a ref pic), might still change them.
    Good idea on bringing the blades close to the hands, i'm going to play with that.

Current WIP
    AntiMage_WIP2.jpg

Ref for bracers
    $(KGrHqUOKicE4vYSsIq)BOUBeds9qQ~~48_35.JPG
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    TrevorJ wrote: »
    a few more details added, started on the belt wrap, very rough. Still need to do some buckles on the front of the neck, the bracers haven't been touched yet, there going to have something similar to the mid section piece, with a strap running down each ring row(attatched a ref pic), might still change them.
    Good idea on bringing the blades close to the hands, i'm going to play with that.

Current WIP
    AntiMage_WIP2.jpg

Ref for bracers
    $(KGrHqUOKicE4vYSsIq)BOUBeds9qQ~~48_35.JPG

I dont know how I feel about the spikes, I kinda like the set more without them. They feel a bit out of place.
  • Graham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    His weapons have an interesting design, but they seem small compared to original weapons he uses. I would exaggerate their scale and shape a little more. Otherwise they will be hardly visible when in game.

The belt is fun. I kinda agree with Andrew about the spikes, I find him cooler without them.
    Keep it up, he's coming along nicely.

Also, we may just meet at IGDA tonight! I'm attending the student roundtable.
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for pulling my thread out of the pile! Ill try to track you down and say hi tonight.
    I have an update coming soonish on this guy, Yeah the spikes where supposed to read as just studs, i made them larger so they would read better from a distance, ill have to check out some alternatives. I'v been fighting with the design of his weapon, I have a tweaked shape ill upload tonight, i'm leery of making them much bigger or they might seem too unwieldy looking.
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update, got the lowpoly for the torso mostly done, still going to add three buckles up the center of the neck, got rid of the studs, going to add some patterns on it though, like his original vest. Tweaked the shape of the blades as well, added some quick texture to them, and pooped out his hair, its a pretty tame change though, so i might do something else for his hair, any suggestions? Still need to do bracers, and i got an idea for his skirt/cape type thing i might try to do.

thanks for checking in, keep working everybody!

AntiMage_wip.jpg
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on textures, got the buckles on, did a test to get the weapon in and found out the Antimage isn't supported yet in-game, I suppose that's incoming. Anyone have any suggestions for seeing models in-game? My plan now is to just import the items in onto a different character but offset just to see how the masks are working for the material.

Is there any other way of viewing them in engine, I remember hearing something about using alien swarm model viewer or something? any help would be awesome, or point me in the right direction.

AntiMage_wip1.jpg
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright just finished up setting up all the thumbnail images, badly need some name ideas though! trying to stay in the monk theme, vow,discipline.... i dunno. any help would be awesome, also any visual critiques of course are welcome.

FullItem_Set.jpg

Weapon_Thumb.jpg

Armor_front_thumb.jpg

Armor_back_thumb.jpg

Bracer_thumb.jpg

Head_thumb.jpg