Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My art dump, crits please!

Hi polycount, I've decided to start a thread were I will post some of my work that I do inbetween school projects.
Ill start it off with some zbrush sketches that I did this weekend.
Would be great if you could give me some crits :)

female bust:

LItfA.jpg
Decided not to include hair because i have no idea at this point how I would do that in zbrush.

torso sketch:

OHqI0.jpg

Replies

• roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    You're on the right track. I would take more time to study the difference between your head, and the real life one. Notice how ur eyes are too big and too high up, cheeks too pronounced, and ears too far back. A couple minutes with the move brush should work wonders.

As for the torso, its clearly nowhere near finished, All the detail looks blurry, as if you were shy to commit to any detail. But the muscles all seem to be in the right place. I would go the extra mile and make a whole body as an anatomy exploration.

best of luck!
  • Rednaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP wrote: »
    You're on the right track. I would take more time to study the difference between your head, and the real life one. Notice how ur eyes are too big and too high up, cheeks too pronounced, and ears too far back. A couple minutes with the move brush should work wonders.

As for the torso, its clearly nowhere near finished, All the detail looks blurry, as if you were shy to commit to any detail. But the muscles all seem to be in the right place. I would go the extra mile and make a whole body as an anatomy exploration.

best of luck!

Thanks alot for taking the time to comment :)
    Im adjusting both pieces atm and i'll probably do a full body soon as you suggested since that's probably a better idea then doing loose body parts.
  • AlphaMeow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great work so far here is a quick tip that could help you with your anatomy work.
    P3fyp

P3fyp.jpg

In detail:

1) Load image reference

2) Select Image Reference

3) Load to image plane!

4) Take the move tool and reshape the face (while on a low sub division level).

GLHF :3
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    I think you would benefit more by studying muscle anatomy. Learn which muscles overlap each other and how the muscles flow.

I would not do what AlphaMeow is suggesting. It might help with initial sizes and proportions but it will not help you learn fundamental anatomy.

Always work from looking at reference images don't try and guess what looks right and natural. If you work while looking at your reference it will save you a lot of time and frustration. There should be little to no guess work.

Good luck!
  • Rednaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! time for an update :)

Adjusted my first bust sketch with the feedback I got from you guys:

kasy7.jpg

And did a new bust sketch today:

7jOAl.jpg
  • jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    Your most recent male sculpt looks much better than the 2 previous ones. Just keep making new stuff and studying anatomy.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    post a side view of the last head...and a front view and the reference if you have it..