Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DOTA 2] Outworld Destroyer - Obsidian Stalagmite Set

Admiral Skye
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Admiral Skye polycounter lvl 5
I've been working on another character for this contest, but since I'm almost done with that one, I decided to start with another one. I chose Outworld Destroyer and I'm gonna give him stalagmite-like rocks. I have a mesh for his back armor.
25ap8k1.jpg

Replies

• Admiral Skye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got the textures for the back stalagmites, but they look way too pixelated due to how small the resolution is. I'm gonna see what I can do to fix that.
    96hq38.jpg
  • agentfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn a second character? I actually like this one better! hah. I like that it looks like it could almost be stock it fits so well
  • Admiral Skye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, I think I'm gonna like this one more than Lina, because when I started Lina the only idea I had was the hair and I made everything else as I went along. With Outworld Destroyer, I actually know what I want to do before I get there.

I got the base mesh for the horns now and I got an idea for what I want to do with the wings and staff. I'm not very good at drawing, but I can somewhat describe what I want to do. With the wings I want to make sort of stalagmite feathers coming out from the back and the best way to describe what I want to do with the staff is kinda like a bowl on the end of the stick with stalagmites coming out. Originally I wanted to do a rock ball with stalagmites coming out in every direction, but I decided to change it to a bowl shape so you can see the magic orb at the end of the staff.

Also, while I was working on the textures for the back stalagmites, I noticed that it actually looked worse in-game than in maya. Then I realized that the texture settings were in medium and it butchers the quality. So here's a slightly updated version of the back.

2sbq24j.jpg

2up4rc5.jpg
  • Admiral Skye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got the textures for the horns and thee base mesh for the wings.
    2w5rdjp.jpg
    2vbn28o.jpg
  • Admiral Skye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've textured the wings and now I got the mesh for the staff. I decided to change the design from what I had originally planned and made it differently. Still got the stalagmites popping out.

15g3vnk.jpg

wbcs43.jpg
  • Admiral Skye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've textured the staff now and I think that's all off the pieces available for Outworld Destroyer. Anyone got any suggestion on what I can improve before I finish?

1zfljbq.jpg

vd1ml5.jpg