Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Sci-Fi Character

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
Morning.

I decided I would try to get another female character finished before the end of the year.
Looking to keep the proportions feminine but not exaggerating the curves to get that perfect hourglass figure. Will be looking at starting the weapon soon (If I can pry myself away from Tokyo Jungle that is...).

14nfcex.jpg

Replies

• disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Looks pretty awesome man. My favorite part must be the face- gives her a lot of character and at the same time it is not the usual cute female face but remains female. The design is very balanced. The only part that kind of bothers me is the design of the clothing on her butt. Perhaps if it was less puffy might work better? And I am not sure why but that thong like strip passing on top of it bothers me as well.. Not sure what you can replace it with but it might be worth it if you spend some more time trying to solve that area :)

Good luck with it man :)Will be watching out for updates.
  • gilesruscoe
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    Nice flowing forms and silhouette, subbed :)
  • gahpe
    Offline / Send Message
    gahpe null
    Nice sculpt !!!
    Can´t wait to see it finished
  • Rednaz
    Nice character, some crits:
    -Her upper arms look abit thin from the side
    -Not sure about the boots, does her heel go in the part that sticks out? Because I think it would be very uncomfortable to walk like that. Not sure though because Ive never walked on high heels lol
    Really like the armor shapes, especially the vertebrae shapes on her back, keep going :D
  • Baj Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    Cheers for the feedback.

n9ptu.jpg
    -Not sure about the boots, does her heel go in the part that sticks out? Because I think it would be very uncomfortable to walk like that. Not sure though because Ive never walked on high heels lol

Her heel goes in the segment below that, underneath the area that sticks out which is an extension of the armour.

I decided I wasn't particularly happy with the boots and feet armour so I did some modifications which I feel work better. Added more mass to the arms too (Cheers for that Rednaz).
  • chrisradsby
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Really nice work so far!

Hmm, I feel like the butt needs work. I know what you're going for but I kinda feel like that effect needs to be a bit more subtle to get a nice shape of the butt. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me though xD! It's just that the obvious heartshape that is usually there with female butts gets lost a little bit with the horisontal lines here I'd say.

Oh well :) Other than that, great work so far! Love your work!
  • Texelion
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Sweet ! The face is really cool indeed.

For the but I agree with Chris and disanski, you should remove the strip/string and rework the area, maybe with something tighter "a la Crysis".

I think that the tubes on the hips could be problematis when she walks, because they are in the arms trajectory. Like the pommel of the blades in Skyrim. Unless she walks with the arms open ^^.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    my crits:

the ass padding needs to be changed, i think if you made the padding go vertical instead of horizontal it would make a huge difference, because at the moment it reads as like this giant wide space, which then has these really slender legs attached to it, and it just comes across as really weird.

the cylinder things are really cool, but i'd think about relocating them. they're giving the illusion of having higher than normal hips, which in turn makes the transition into the legs really strange. it also makes her crotch look abnormally stretched. so i'd either relocate the cylinders, or make the deliberate design choice of elongating her thighs by raising the crotch to compensate (probably the better choice of the two).

i love the design of the boots, with one small exception. the protruding plate at the bottom-back of the calf plating looks out of place and cumbersome... i'd personally remove it all together, keep all the rest of the calf plating, all the way round, just remove that plate so the achilles tendon and above are exposed, but still have that cool wrap around of the plate at the upper calf.

sorry if my description is a bit shitty... i'm terrible with words.
  • imijatov
    Awesome work so far, bro! Really like the general shapes going on in the hair/head and the armor looks super slick.

I agree with chrisradsby and almighty_gir. Although I see what your going for, the butt material looks lumpy and gives a strange impression. You might consider smoothing and evening it out or choosing a different pattern.
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    How about like this ? From Scythe's Exoflex mini tutorial. Here

Or opposite diagonal direction.

exoflex3.jpg
  • FurtureDreams
    I think it is too suggestive for this fourm, this is the only appropriate thing for this fourm, and maybe this is too suggestive you can after all see her eyes a bit.

article-0-0142B92D00001005-479_233x369.jpg
  • LoTekK
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Love that face! Also, the sensible bunned-up ponytail, is a nice touch. I'm really liking the shapes on that upper body armor, but like others, I'm not digging on the boots quite as much. PyrZern's suggestion is pretty good, I think; it'll definitely look more appealing with a diagonal (can't really see vertical working as nicely, though it'll come down to execution, I reckon).

FurtureDreams: This post plus the p&p thread with stuff linked from places like eat3d... I smell troll.
  • stickadtroja
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    I like the shape of the ass padding you have right now.(thats one weird sentence...)

I think you can achive a rougher, cooler look by NOT having to much defenition of the ass. After all, not all female characters need latex butt armor.
  • battlecow
    Offline / Send Message
    battlecow polycounter lvl 12
    I really like the fact that it's not the typical big boobs, let me show you my belly button design, very refreshing! That face really has a lot of character and I could really picture her as some kind of science officer.
    the arms dont have armor so why put armor on her legs? You could give her a much nicer silhouette without the big amor pieces.

I think her neck is to long or to high. I drew a picture of what I mean:neckhf.jpg