Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Maximo Contest] Weekend Sailer Zombie

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
McGreed polycounter lvl 15
So I got a couple of ideas, but I believe that I will stick with my idea for a guy with a sailboat.
The guy was out sailing, and shopping on the other side of the lake (bought a pumpkin...da da da DAAAAAA) and on his way back home, its getting dark, when he sees another boat, with slack sails and a person laying on the deck.
Of course he checks it out (*theatre goes "MORON!"*) and of course gets attacked.
He flees to his boat but they follow him down below and he is downed, with the pumpkin falling next to him. He dies and the blood flows, on to the pumpkin, which gets infected as well and starts 'melting/eating' into the now slowly turning zombie. Later when the zombie gets up, the boat has gone aground and he gets off the boat there, draging some seaweed with him, stuck in the bones of his leg.

So idea is to have this guy in a life jacket with a pumpkin merged into his upperbody/shoulder, eating away his/its flesh, while snaking though the body, with some seaweed on his foot (that part is kinda optional for me at the moment). Gonna try getting some refs as well (at work at the moment, so can't do it here).

My alternative idea, which kinda creeps me out, is to have a pregnant zombie women, with some tears in the stomach and half emerging baby zombie coming out, but didn't really feel it.

Replies

• Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice to see you start your WIP thread, McGreed. :)

I love your sailor idea. (Note: Your pregnant zombie description resembles Jayson's "Teen Mom'ster" idea so you guys might end up competing on that concept.)

I think the drowned sailor presents a lot of interesting possibilities: The sea weeds mingling with pumpkin vines, the texture of his decomposing skin after having been in the water, the bloated torso of a drowned victim, the blueish lips... So much to think of!

Really cool concept. Good luck!
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Just quickly in to correct what I wrote. When I said 'downed' I meant like pulled to the ground by the attacker, not as in drowned. He was still on the boat, but the zombies followed him in the cabin. Anyway, since he is wearing the life jacket, it would be harder for him to actually drown. :)

I wanted him to avoid getting too wet, since it would wash away the blood, he won't be staying in water long, just enough to get off the boat (after it hit ground) and into land.

I been too busy with overtime and working, so haven't made anything I would post, still working out the concept idea. I will be posting something soon.
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed wrote: »
    When I said 'downed' I meant like pulled to the ground by the attacker, not as in drowned. Anyway, since he is wearing the life jacket, it would be harder for him to actually drown.

Derp!
    tumblr_m3myh6PmdZ1rux43go2_500.jpg

My bad. :) Although, it would actually be cool to texture a drowned corpse.
    Still love your ideas and can't wait to see the first concept sketches!