Home Technical Talk

Frozen onjects in 3ds max

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
bcottage polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys i was wondering if there is a way to still show a image on a plane if you toggle f3 so you can still see the wireframe of the object i am copying from. Hope that makes sence

Replies

• ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    Find this : show frozen in gray off.

2677_step15_4f0a010c6cf4b.jpg
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Well if understand correctly the question, this has little to do with frozen option so i'm confused. But indeed if you've frozen your plane, you have to uncheck show frozen in gray first.

What you could do is put your plane in a new layer.

In the plane object properties, set display properties to "by layer" (click on "by object" button)

In your new layer properties, set "shaded' in display listbox.

Now if you press f3, your plane will always remains textured (shaded).

Ah yeah, one more thing. This ofc doesn't work with nitrous, because : nothing works with nitrous.
    You have to switch back to directX.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Noors wrote: »
    Ah yeah, one more thing. This ofc doesn't work with nitrous, because : nothing works with nitrous.
    You have to switch back to directX.

:thumbup:
  • spacefrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    Toggling "Show frozen in gray" of course works with nitrous. The same is true when switching to properties by layer and setting the Layerproperty accordingly . Only thing that does'nt work regarding frozen objects and Nitrous is "hide Frozen Objects"
    But per Layer properties work here ( Max 2013 PU05 )
    SP: just tested in MAx 2012 PU11, works there too
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Well lucky you. The layer properties display options don't work for me with Nitrous (max 2012 pu11) but i didn't try on a fresh install.