Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Evil Teddy Roosevelt

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, I thought I would make a thread for my SHOWDOWN entry on here to hopefully get some more eyes on it.

I'll be doing Teddy Roosevelt, the ORIGINAL American badass. I imagine sometime after his presidency he went out to live in the wild, where it corrupted him and turned him into a savage barbarian. I'll be having fun with this one.
Here's my mood board: teddy_ref.jpg

And here's my latest update: wipp111.jpg

Replies

• SouthpawSid
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    haha cool! I would strive for some subtle asymmetry on the antlers. Maybe give the antlers a little more variation to the lengths and thickness of t he "spikes" as well. Looking forward to more!
  • Sukotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks Sid! I was thinking of adding some asymmetry in the antlers but since they're so large I'm not sure I'd have enough room in the UVs for more important things.

Moar work! I'm almost done with the high-poly. Just some more details and I'm also starting on his weapon, the Big Stick. wip.jpg
  • Fomori
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Ha. Pretty cool style. One thing that is jarring with me is his forearms and wrists. I know it's a style that's around a lot now but they just seem too fat. That bulge of them going past his biceps just looks plain odd to me. Also defo get rid of the symmetry on the fur of the pelt on his back! I like it otherwise though!
  • cdevens
    Offline / Send Message
    cdevens polycounter lvl 7
    Love it, this is both ridiculous and awesome at the same time.
  • Sukotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori, thanks! I get what you're talking about, I'll definitely take another look at my ref for the forearms. I think one problem is that they're a bit long as well. And do you think its worth getting rid of the symmetry on the pelt? That will take up a lot of UV space. Since he's supposed to be a fighting character you wont see his back too much. At least thats the way I thought it out. I dunno, I'm kinda torn haha.

cdevens, thanks! Thats the reaction I was going for!
  • Fomori
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Well, if it's a portfolio piece then you want it to look it's best. So would get rid of the fur symmetry.
  • Sukotto
    Offline / Send Message
    WHOOPS, guess I forgot to update this thread too. Sorry guys! Been busy on Teddy. Working on textures and rigging him at the moment!teddywip.jpg