Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Evil Sacagawea

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
duncan polycounter lvl 11
Hey everyone.

Started a character for the Showdown comp over at artbypapercut: http://www.artbypapercut.com/forum/index.php#c2

Anyway so I am going with an evil version of Sacagawea.

LATEST UPDATE:

here is where I am at so far:

evil_sacagawea_by_duncanfraser-d5einuk.jpg

Replies

• duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is where I am at so far:

evil_sacagawea_by_duncanfraser-d5einuk.jpg
  • Pinuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Already looks awesome! Really like your style/proportions.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    What on earth is wrong with her feet?
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the face, but nothing about her looks Native American / Shoshone. Check some refs, typical features are wide cheekbones, hooked nose and a wide jawline.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    This is looking awesome and i love the style, lips are looking awesome.
    little thing, love your matcap, is it one of yours?
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    Great work like always, agree with Throttlekitty about the adding some native american features to her face specially. I'm sure it's gonna end up looking great thought ;)

Nice that Tits asked, mind sharing your matcaps if at all possible :poly121:
  • sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    Agree with throttlekitty, her features don't seem very Native American at all and I'm not picking that up yet from her costume either. Don't get me wrong though, you made a pretty awesome face but it's not very fitting for the character you're trying to emulate at all.

Also there's something that looks strange with how her legs are jointed at the knee. I think it maybe pinches in too severely at the knee cap.

Like the idea of this though, keep rollin' with it!
  • OriginLinear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the style of the character, proportions and so on.

I am also curious about what is going on with her feet?

And I also think that the clothing doesn't look like something a traditional native american would wear. Seems a bit to modern and perhaps European type style to me. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish however.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone.

I agree with everything you all say and I have decided to quit her(for real this time) ONLY because I have realised I have started making Native American characters soooo many times that I was trying to push her outside of the simple "war paint" and "feathers" and perhaps I pushed too hard.

I have started and quite this chick about a million times in the past week and I think I have finally decided to just cut it out.

but first.......

@ Jackablade : hahah yeah That is how I lay out my Z spheres for the feet. It looks weird but I find it is visually easier for me to get the shape. weird I know.

@ throttlekitty, xxxcubanxxx, & sybrix, : Yeah, I find women so hard to sculpt that for the moment I guess I just figured the"female ahhhh ness" was probably more important than the "American Indianness", as well as tha afore mentioned BREAK AWAY from my usual native vibe.
    Thanks for the feedback anyway. I am ALWAYS happy to get a bit of that :thumbup:

@ sybrix & OriginLinear : Thanks. Yeah the costume went down the same BREAK AWAY path as the face.

@ Tits & xxxcubanxxx : THANKS :). Yeah I got that matcap from somewhere I can't remember now. it is called "MAHmc clay 01" and I think I got it from here http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/library/

-MATCAP MATTE

- matcap 136 of 158

............ I think that is it.

over and out..... till I start something fresh.... Then I can not finish that one too :poly124:
  • tac0m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m polycounter lvl 6
    maybe it's me but it looks like those knees need to be pulled up just a bit. Almost there, just seems like really long thighs.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry it didn't work out, but you still have a pretty nice character going. Why not change the concept and use it anyway?
  • MrNinjutsu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrNinjutsu greentooth
    Seriously cool take on sacawagawagieiejnhf Duncan.

Kinda looks like a Jedi!
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ throttlekitty : hehe Thanks. I was just starting to feel like I was tying to force a square peg in a round hole over and over and over again so I decided to stop.
    Yeah I will probably use her a bit later on but for the moment I think I might try and learn a bit of UDK on a little environment piece......maybe...

thanks again.

@ tac0m : Nah it is not you, the legs need a little work just to push the style a little further and you are right the knee could pop up a squash. Thanks for the feedback.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ MrNinjutsu : hahaha thanks man. Look at you swinging in with a RAD idea like that... now I wanna make her a Jedi.
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    that could def work out
  • Vizjerie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vizjerie polycounter lvl 8
    thats pretty sweet. any weapons?
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan wrote: »
    I have decided to quit her

NO.

There's plenty of time left so your welcome to take a step back and look at some different alternatives, but quitting is strictly against the rules.
  • praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
    Sick looking Duncan, I really need to get my bum and get to work on my character for the contest :P have you made any concepts for it or are you just going with the flow for the character?