Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AGENT VENOM

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Kend greentooth
Latest UPDATE!!!!!

upppydatey.jpg

Hello everybody, im going to be making agent venom from the venom comics when flash thompson becomes venom, heres a reference pic in case anyone doesnt know who he is.

agentvenomreference.jpg
2195582venomsuper.png

So far ive made the basemesh and worked in some rough anatomy, i dont want to go too into detail right now because he'll be wearing armor but i really want to capture the sillouhette, and proportions so i would love some crits right now, after this im going to start working on the mask.

81193542.jpg

THE CALVES IM STILL WORKING

PLEASE CRIT!
:thumbup::thumbup:

Replies

• Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Whats up everybody so ive gotten the proportions i like down and the shape of the head and eyes in a good position right now, everything im doing is rough right now to get the right shapes and silouhete (in my opinion the most important things in a model)

right now im trying to decide on what type of chest armor im going to go for, remember this is just rough sculpts trying to lay everything out first but any critique what so ever is greatly appreciated, hopefully by tomorow ill have the torso and shoulder armor done and have the fore arm started,

So what armor is looking good to everyone im kind of leaning on 1 or 3

armor3m.jpg
  • Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    Looks cool, not a professional but I would go with 1. Sorry to say but I am sure 3 isn't functional the overhanging armor at the bottom would hinder his ability to bend forward as it would just stab into his belt. Correct me if I am wrong by all means :P
  • AdamRodgers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks pretty good to me chap, and as you've said its early days and your not worrying too much about detail yet. As a precaution or reminder for you Id say build up the back of the forearm - the extensor regions mostly and define that wrist into thumb area, the arms is looking a little flaky towards the hand but with the armour and gauntlets to come I'm sure you've got more time booked for that area anyway.

Armour options wise I think I prefer 2 but with on the abs but 1) on the sides. Nice work and god speed.
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    AdamRodgers- thx man :D , and ya the forearm and especially the wrist area i have not gotten into to much detail there yet, but thx for pointing out the back of the forearm

Rmunday- i think your absolutely right no correctioin needed, i was trying to do something i saw from the comics but it would just stab him in the belly.

SO tonight im going to be furthering his armor more imgoing to geth the back done as well.

PLS CRIT !! :D:D
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Oh and just to mention this is for the cghub Tribute to marvel challenge you guys should go check it out if your interested its a cool challenge
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    UPDATE

updatept.jpg

So im still working on the torso armor, working on the rough shape and idea. im trying to make sure this armor is practical, also when it comes to material its going to be like this:

similararmor.jpg

tactical and mobile like batmans armor but leaning more towards armored batman from arkham asylum

PLSSS CRIT!!!!!!
  • JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    *Subscribing for cool concept
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    working on armor designs, update soon

pls crit

THX:)
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    UPDATE

Finnally got a nice armor design down in my opinion, still in the rough stage, still have to add the small details and straps, then bring it in to maya to really bring the hard surface out but other than that going a good direction...... i think...

upppydatey.jpg

PLS CRIT!!!!!
  • jaydon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaydon polycounter lvl 6
    This is coming along really great man, can't wait to see the finished piece!
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    Try to limit your posts to significant changes to your project. Right now, its too early to really crit. Keep going, Good luck
  • klamp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    klamp polycounter lvl 14
    The anatomy and designs are looking pretty cool so far. I really only have two critiques at this point:

1. His ears probably would not be that defined if he has some sort of hood or mask on covering his head. I would soften that up quite a bit - possibly even get rid of it altogether.

2. A minor point, but his center of balance from the side view looks a bit off, as if he's leaning back too far. It's hard to tell, since I can't see where his feet are rooted in that last picture, but it looks like he's tipping over backward. Maybe bend the torso forward a bit at the waist?

All in all lookin pretty cool, though!