hi i made a dumpster please give your C&C

dumpsterfinal.jpg

dumpsterfinalwireframe.jpg

Replies

• BobtheGreatII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BobtheGreatII polygon
    Any reason your dumpster has a recycling logo on it? Just kidding. Looks good. Love the wear and tear in the texture. Do you have the high poly to show off too?
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    Nice dumpster, only crit I can think to give is that I would imagine spray paint and the paint on the bin would be on or off, I'm not sure if its just me but I always felt that whenever people gradient the transparency of paint it seems to begin to not feel like... paint. Don't get me wrong, paint will fade in a gradient and some paint rubs off. But would be curious what it might look like without the gradient.

Also another random thing but whenever your painting textures make sure the surfaces property's you paint are to scale. The dirt on the bottom looks fairly large while the spray paint seems small. It doesn't help reinforce the scale of the object. Again, a subtle crit and not the end of the world. But Imagine how long that spray painter would have had to sit next to that bin doing all those tiny details :P If you was thinking relativity.

EDIT: Also another random thing but it looks like your light is wrapping around your object... although I could see be seeing things. This could be the position of the point light or down to bad normal map baking. But when I look at the front of the bin it almost looks like it has a curve when the lighting hits it.... Get a simple point light and check the corners of your object to see if the light is wrapping around the corners. This is a clear sign of an incorrect normal projection/bake.
  • seir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You need to use aerograph to make such a small but detailed graffiti. It looks so funny :D The dirt is naive too, 100% clean on top and dirty right at the bottom, come on! Use refs:

marine%2Bsalvage%2Bgraf%2B1%2Bblog.jpg
    Dumpster_with_graffiti,_Los_Angeles.jpg
  • dreamer00
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys for your valuable comments .. really i dnt have any knowledge about graffiti .. but u made a good point there Sier.. i will upload another one soon .. :)

edit: here it is made graffiti big and added some more dirt...

PNG.png
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    For so many big scratches and dings along the front face, there's next to no wear on those side handles. These things are incredibly heavy and are almost always lifted/emptied by a garbage truck, which non-ceremoniously slides itself into these arms. Unless the dumpster is relatively new, the inside arm surfaces (and even some outside surface around the arms, not everyone has perfect aim) should be much more scratched an dinged up.
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    I reckon getting rid of the bevels on the wheels could save you about 20-25% off your total polycount.
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks good, i wouldnt put it in your portfolio since there is a detailed tutorial on how to make this
    http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/autodesk-3d-studio-max/how-to-create-a-video-game-dumpster-the-complete-current-gen-workflow/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.