Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Scooby Doo Haunted House

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Scizz polycounter lvl 11
I've been re-watching all the original Scooby Doo episodes back from the 70s and decided to make a Scooby Doo inspired house. :D

So far I just have an supremely basic layout with a some textures so I can get an idea of spacing.
scoobydoowip1.jpg

scoobydoowip2.jpg

The block in the middle is the general size for the couch I'm putting in. Here's the WIP.
scoobydoowip3.jpg

Critiques, comments, hate, compliments all welcome! :D

Replies

• Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Cool, I love Scooby Doo:] It would be helpful if you put some of your reference images in here.
  • nathanbarrett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    Even the sofa and the wall textures gets me excited already!

Is there going to be a never-ending repeating pattern of props against the back wall? ;)
  • zakhar2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zakhar2 polycounter lvl 6
    Nice start, but it looks like the normal map on the floor might be inverted?
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    and here I was expecting to see a really long hallway with repeating furniture. Good start though, I'll be interested to see where you take it. One question though. You seem to have a realistic style going. How are you going to differentiate this as a Scooby Doo house as opposed to any other haunted/abandoned house?
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    @Jessica Dinh: I will post a bunch of reference images when I get home from class, the images are mostly inspiration, I'm not really designing straight from a scene or background.

@nathanbarrett Thanks dude! And I'll try not to repeat what the show did for this scene lol

@zakhar2 Yeah, now that I look at it, it kinda does look inverted, I'll check it out when I get home.

@praetus I plan to have multiple cameos within the scene, and I'm going to try and make a whole interior house. Hallways with 4 doors on each side with things going in and out of them. Pictures on walls where the eyes follow the camera, secret passage ways from lifting the right book off a bookshelf, scooby snacks in the kitchen, the mystery machine outside the window :D etc, etc. Hopefully I can pull it all off.
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    Just finished the high poly of the couch
    finishedhpcouch.jpg

Going to work on the low poly/unwrap next. Any tips, I've never really unwrapped furniture before. :poly122:
  • R00
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R00 polycounter lvl 12
    The environment looks good so far Scizz. I agree with Jess about supplying us with some nice reference so we can better understand your work.

I'd take that couch into a sculpting package too if I were you, It has no character right now and with a bit of TLC, this would look a lot better. :)
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    This seems like It's going to be kick ass I can't wait to see It done, couch looks good. :)