Home Technical Talk

Quick Max Interface Question

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Scizz polycounter lvl 11
Is there a way to change to color of splines AS you're editing them. Right now I'm working off a reference with a white background and I literally can't see my splines, only when I have them deselected are they the color that I want them to be.

Also, in the tutorial I'm watching, he hides the background sometimes to get a better view of what he's doing with a keyboard shortcut. Anyone know what it is?

Replies

• Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    Alright cool, thank you! I found out the keyboard shortcut for "hide selected" is alt+H but for some reason it isn't working my version of max, but then again, neither are a lot of things like my scroll wheel for example, I'll reinstall max and see if it fixes things.
  • GeeDave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeeDave polycounter lvl 11
    Scizz wrote: »
    I found out the keyboard shortcut for "hide selected" is alt+H but for some reason it isn't working my version of max, but then again, neither are a lot of things like my scroll wheel for example, I'll reinstall max and see if it fixes things.

False!

Alt H will hide selected sub-object selections.

As for your scroll wheel problem... installed any scripts recently?

Edit
    Edit wasn't needed, I failed to read.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz wrote: »
    Alright cool, thank you! I found out the keyboard shortcut for "hide selected" is alt+H but for some reason it isn't working my version of max, but then again, neither are a lot of things like my scroll wheel for example, I'll reinstall max and see if it fixes things.

If some of your keyboard shortcuts mysteriously stop working it could be that you have "Keyboard Shortcut Override" turned on. That will enable any sub-menus short cuts (like edit poly or the UV editor that have specific shortcuts) to override the max default short cuts.

3dsmax_KBOS_Dark.jpg
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    @GeeDave Nah, I think it's a problem with my mouse, there is more than one application or game on my computer that refuses to recognize my scroll wheel.

@Mark Thanks for the tip!