Home Technical Talk

Monoprice tablet - driver help

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
I just picked up a Monoprice tablet last week as a cheap replacement for my Intuos3, and after removing my Wacom drivers was able to get it to install and work properly. However this morning I went to use it and the drivers were no longer working (tablet settings in control panel wont even open), and after several restarts and reinstallations I'm stumped as to how to get it to work again :(

Does anyone around here have some experience with this brand of tablet that could shine some light on what kind of voodoo enchantment I need to cast on my computer to appease the Monoprice overlords?

Replies

• breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    I'm not much help, but I own a monoprice as well. The only problem I had was when I tried to install wacom drivers in the same machine as the monoprice. I think its a one or the other deal - not both.
    my only random suggestion is maybe uninstall the monoprice, install wacom - see if that works, then fully unistall that and try the monoprice again.
    Sucks its not working well for you - I've had nothing but a great experience with mine for about 3 months now. :(
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    I figured it out, after hours of research and a lot of experimentation. Turns out the drivers have an out of date Windows signature, so Windows 7 had decided to block them completely every time they were installed in favor of its own generic non-working drivers. I turned off signature verification (via the F8 menu on windows boot) and now they work perfectly again.

Just fyi to any would-be buyers of the Monoprice tablets; They're actually very good, with an incredibly naturally pressure curve well exceeding that found in Intuos tablets. I don't want to dissuade anyone from trying them because of these (seemingly incredibly isolated) issues. Other then Windows being Windows in this case, I'm actually very happy with the tablet :)