Home General Discussion

Autodesk Layoffs

Replies

• Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Geebus. This hasn't been a good week now has it.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Sry to those involved I hope you find placement soon.
    The changes better position Autodesk to meet the needs of our customers. We are focused on working through our internal challenges as rapidly as possible.

This seems promising, maybe per and everyone else pretty much will get their wish now if they mean this.^
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    The restructuring is focused primarily of the company’s shift to cloud and mobile computing.
    Yay. They're going "to the cloud".

: \

I hope their market researcher and tech strategist were some of those canned, because given their products and intended market, that's a horrible business plan.

That said, I do hope things turn out well for the devs and artists let go. This is a lousy time to be looking for work with the market as flooded as it is right now.
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    An Autodesk representative tell us that while the company eliminated close to 500 positions Thursday, it plans to create that many new jobs over the course of the year.

This is them firing the people no-one likes, then hiring replacements at a lower salary with less benefits.

wtf? how the hell does a monopoly loose money?
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paradan wrote: »
    This is them firing the people no-one likes, then hiring replacements at a lower salary with less benefits.

wtf? how the hell does a monopoly loose money?

I wouldn't say that no one likes them, it's just business and cuts were made. Not saying I like it, but not everyone who is laid off is so undesirable to work with. Poor guys though, this has not been a good week for the industry with PopCap, Funcom, Sony (Liverpool) etc.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Several product managers? I wonder if they're finally going to combine max and maya... hmmmm.....

Sucks though. good luck to everyone involved.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    So they decided to shed some weight, financially when infact, the only thing needed weight shedding in the installation for their programs!

Congrats AD, not only you have proven that a monopoly can indeed, lose money, but also that you guys are run a bunch of pillocks (cloud computing for 3D software? HA! You guys should showcase a demo before making cloud statements), don't follow up on community voices and most all, have no idea what you're doing!

I'm...I'm amazed...seriously, I am...AD is running itself into the ground right infront of us...I mean wow, that takes commitment to the level of being a James Bond villain, minus taking over the world part.
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok perhaps a bit harshly stated, but managers gotta choose someone, and often internal office politics/drama plays a hand.

trouble-makers, free-thinkers, and single males with no children all get put at the top of the list.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Gross, a schadenfreude orgy, makes me question the intentions behind the game studio layoff threads. *backs away from the wet slapping sounds*
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    There should be a forum section for the layoffs... the general forum is full of bad news this week, it's incredible.
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been a very bad week, for LEGITIMATE reasons *seewutididthar*

7f6.jpg
  • Hang10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer wrote: »
    There should be a forum section for the layoffs... the general forum is full of bad news this week, it's incredible.

I think dedicating a Layoff section would make look even worse. Sad news to hear no matter who or where.