Home Technical Talk

Maya 2012 hotkeys revert to default

lonelysquare
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
lonelysquare polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone.

Lately, out of no where, my Maya 2012 reverts certain hotkeys to their defaults. Even weirder, when I check my mappings after it has happened, the hotkey is not mapped to the default function it is now performing.

for example :

I've mapped Z+left click to a marking menu for viewport switches.
Eventually, Z begins to 'redo'

I've noticed that clicking on any menu (File, Edit, Modify, Create, Display, Window, etc...) Will generally cause the hotkeys to revert.

I have done quite a bit of googling, and many others seem to have this problem, but I haven't been able to find a solution. Restarting Maya fixes any issues, but this has become so frequent it's almost impossible to get any work done at home.

It's quite frustrating, as I have a pretty extensive hotkey setup.
Just popping by to say this is on our radar on the Maya team and we're looking into it. Hopefully we can get a fix implemented but I can't promise anything. Sorry for the inconvenience folks!

That was posted on 7/29/11 over at CGtalk.com, concerning this issue... Yet I can't seem to find out if Autodesk fixed it or created a work around.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MayaInstallPath]\scripts\startup\hotkeySetup.mel

I've had this issue with certain keys, I've been able to comment out most of the offenders in this file, but could not override ctrl-w for the life of me. I've some viewport shading scripts that stop functioning if I even click on the 'shading' panel menu. It could be something in the way your marking menu works, if it's scripted at all.

As an aside, why not use the hotbox (hold spacebar and click the inner panel), or 4-view spacebar tap for switching viewport?
  • lonelysquare
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lonelysquare polycounter lvl 7
    I've looked into editing a few script files, but maybe I need to dig deeper.

And yea, like you with ctrl+w, it seems certain specific hotkeys seem to be more troublesome than others. (Read : Anything with Z)
    As an aside, why not use the hotbox (hold spacebar and click the inner panel), or 4-view spacebar tap for switching viewport?

When I first started to learn Maya, a friend gave me his setup and I grew to really like it. But your right, maybe its time to change :)

Thx Throttlekitty.