Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Scruples

Scruples
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Scruples polycounter lvl 10
Hi all!, I am starting this thread to inspire myself to work harder on my portfolio and ultimately get a job. Although I am not particularly new to the community, I usually relegate myself to the tech section and rarely venture forth.

Ok so I have a piece partially finished, I started working on this without any concept art, (I'll never do that again) and drew over it. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts or general input.
Ari.jpg

Replies

• Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Something else I started by smashing together a bunch of primitives. In and effort to save time I often work without concept art...yeah. The knight will probably be shelved until I am further inspired.

Mechtest.jpg
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    The knight looks pretty cool, would be nice if you completed it :)

The concept mesh looks rad, however after zbrush 4r2, i believe its so much more immersive and you have so much more freedom as compared to traditional modelling softwares. Have you tried zbrush for concept modelling?
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually have some experience with Zbrush but sans Dynamesh and have never used it for concepts...I should probably check it out again, Thanks!
  • SSquir33
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SSquir33 polycounter lvl 12
    i likey the face! girl or cute boy? cannot decide.
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^Medieval trap?, nah it will be a girl.
    So I took butt_sahib's suggestion and began re-learning Zbrush again, managed this model -based on a Sam Nielson drawing. Started work on a gibbon-frog monster, so will be posting that soon.
    EvilThing2.jpg
  • Revic_95
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revic_95 vertex
    For your knight (should you find the inspiration again, ...

The shoulder plates and elbow guards seem quite loose. You can tighten up that armor and add something, E.G leather laces, to show how the armor is attached to the knight!

Other than that, this all looks interesting. Why didn't you continue?
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Revic, after learning Zbrush (again) I got involved with some modders and eventually a jerb, and everything else got shelved.

Although, I may have to finish that knight as my portfolio is in shambles and I need new stuff, when I do I'm going to end up redesigning some stuff, like you said.