Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cartoon Biker

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
So, I'm giving this biker dude from awesome artist Denis Zilber a try. I'm sort of stuck since I'm not too happy with the face, I think proportions look good and it looks close to the concept in the front view but something is bugging me a LOT on the side view and I don't know what it is so, please, crits and even paintovers if you're feeling ever so generous, it's all welcome.

Original concept by Denis Zilber:

biker.jpg

EEqok.jpg

GGAxK.jpg

5Zcyy.jpg

24zjt.jpg

4bNb4.jpg

sFNqz.gif

Gah, turntable is a little too fast, but I think it gets the point across.

Anyway people, crit away, I wanna take this to completion but I know there are things I can improve but just can't seem SEE them.

Replies

• Kurt Russell Fan Club
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurt Russell Fan Club polycounter lvl 9
    Really cool concept. Great work so far, I think the arm proportions are a little short and the belly might be better being pants and slightly less chunky belly like the concept.

I hope you don't mind, here's a quick paintover:

7tvfg.gif
  • Natland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Natland polycounter lvl 9
    Looks cool so far, will definitely keep up with this thread!
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • SA_22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loving the concept!! :D looking gd so far
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

Kurt, man, I don't mind the paintover at all, I really want to get as many crits as possible cause I wanna steer this in the right direction so thanks, I will definitelly address those issues.

But I have to ask, isn't there something wrong with the face there? I feel the side view looks 'correct' cause it matches the front view fine but is totally unappealing and weird looking to me.
  • SA_22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

But I have to ask, isn't there something wrong with the face there? I feel the side view looks 'correct' cause it matches the front view fine but is totally unappealing and weird looking to me.

the concept has a faint cheekbone, maybe go in with the hpolish brush and bring that out some in the same style as the nose
  • guhhh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guhhh polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

Kurt, man, I don't mind the paintover at all, I really want to get as many crits as possible cause I wanna steer this in the right direction so thanks, I will definitelly address those issues.

This model is looking great so far! About the face, i think he should be a little bit flat, i did a paint over to see if it helps.

Xpwir.gif
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan polycounter lvl 11
    guhhh wrote: »
    This model is looking great so far! About the face, i think he should be a little bit flat, i did a paint over to see if it helps.

Xpwir.gif

Totally agree. Over all I am really digging this guy but a slightly flatter face and squashed nose bridge would help a ton.

Great work.. You are inspiring me to do another fan art.