Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Security spider bot

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
maxivz interpolator
Hey guys i have been trying to create a robot spider that looks good withing a sci fi corridor or something like that.
I have used different concepts for reference on certain areas but the design was made mainlly by me and as i concern it could look a load better but i am not sure what i could add or modify to improove it.
Heres some screenshots of it, i would love some critics and thanks once again
10rsubs.jpg
2uskebo.jpg
2d06lj.jpg

Replies

• reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    while i like the apparent functionality of the design it doesn't seem very spidery. More It's only got four legs and the whole thing is very squared and rigid. If you're looking to spice it up a bit I'd add some components to give the silhouette a little more asymmetrical weight. The legs also look like they'd get broken pretty easily - all those sensitive components could use to maybe have some sort of coverings - that might help the silhouette a little as well.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Can it move forward or backward? I don't know a whole lot about mechanical things, but just looking at it I can't tell how the legs would move even slightly in any direction other than sideways. Whether the legs hit the body doesn't seem to allow for even slight movement beyond up and down.
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    The front legs are supposed to move backward and forward and so do the other ones, but the ones from the back dont seem to be able to move very well, the collision on the front legs is not a problem as they dont colide with the metal part on the side, how would you suggest modeling them so they look functional?