Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

juggernaut and Marcus Fenix (WIP)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Azkur polycounter lvl 8
hey guys! so i usually do not post works in projects but i thought i would change that and start with the 2 characters i am working on right now. One is a concept of my own and the other is Marcus Fenix from gears of war which i plan to give my own twist later.

the reference i am using for marcus is this one:
491091marcus.jpg

i still need to fix a lot specially the proportions which i am not happy with mine is not looking as bulky as the original anyway here is what i got so far:
marcus.jpg

marcus2.jpg

boots.jpg

I am also Working on this Character i started yesterday and today i started blocking out the armor i am still unsure what to do with the legs, shoulders and arms, anyway i hope you like it.

juggernaut.jpg

P.S. not sure if the legs are to short a friend of mine mentioned it makes him look like a midget.

Replies

• Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    juggetnaut.jpg

small update i ended up going with a slightly different design that gives it asymmetry i still have to figure out what im going to do to make the left side of the back armor look functional since i removed a part of it
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    another small update i want to make a more complex layering of armor but i am having trouble figuring out how to do it correctly. please be brutal with feedback.
    juggetnaut1.jpg
  • AdamRodgers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You look like your doing pretty well so far on the armour. All I can suggest is keep in mind mobility, its main purpose of defending KEY locations and its secondary purpose of integrating with webbing or supplying attachment points to bypass the need for webbing. Armour Wise Id always block in the key defensive plates and work backwards from there to find the best place for straps etc, it may not be the best way but it makes sense to me.

Looking good, Id suggest bulking out the chestplate a little as its looking a bit flat and has huge potential for adding density imo. Keep it coming.
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Really like the look of your concept. Will be watching this.
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hey thanks guys sorry i didn't post anything lately i have been looking for work and i just got an art test from gameloft so i am going to be busy i will still try to update them though