Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ZONE

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
Hi all so finally time to reveal what i have been working on while asking so many questions here. Thank you all for so much sharing of knowledge and ideas. Learned great deal of new things. :)

All textures are hand painted except on rocks and Landscape :D
Rest of the environment is made from one 2048x2048 texture, Since all modern GPU can handle this sort of textures so I decided not to aim for performance but rather visual quality.

Models use bevel edge technique to get smooth surface effect with just 1 smooth group. Speedhunters article on NFS car models inspired me to do that, Make modular sets with one smooth group and get high poly detail without making hi lo poly models.

Normal maps are made from black and white diffuse texture sheet (xnormal / Ndo)

Still its W.I.P and lighting is not final.

8th_Aug_FKM.jpg

8th_Aug_FKMb.jpg

8th_Aug_FKMc.jpg

8th_Aug_FKMd.jpg

8th_Aug_FKMe.jpg

8th_Aug_FKMf.jpg

8th_Aug_FKMg.jpg

8th_Aug_FKMh.jpg

Replies

• HAWK12HT
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump o.O... No feedback :(
  • Anthy9986
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthy9986 polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Hey!
    I think the lighting is killing it for me. It feels pretty bland across the board. I know you said it wasn't final but figured I should say it anyways.
    The indoor shots are a confusing to the eyes. The wall textures look nice but don't really make sense to me. The just seem like random patterns on the wall. Same goes for the bridge. I think the inside could also use something to break up the floor instead of having just the one texture.
    I also think the stones outside could use some more love the rock arch doesn't seem real and I think has some texture stretching going on.
    What is this being shown in? UDK/Unity/CryEngine? I couldn't tell/find it anywhere.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    Lighting is also killing it for me. Feels really flat. At first I didn't even realise what was going on in image five.
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for response. :)
    This is a indie game project I am working on, Its being built on UDK for PC only for now.

Lighting yes it needs alot of work.
    Texture stretching on rocks and other stuff due to scaling and modular texture sheet.
    Alot can be put into the environment but im on tight deadline,
    There is however some small detail pieces left to add into this to break up repeatition, decal maps and small items like keypads etc.