Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Boiler Room

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Sugus polycounter lvl 7
Hello Polycounters!

I’m back with a new Project i’ve recently started: The Boiler Room. Yeah, name isn’t that original but that’s what it is hahaha.

Anyways, in my previous project I touched a bit of Sculpting and retopo to create my game meshes so this time I’ve decided to learn some hard surfacing skills and how to create proper specular maps in order to make all the metal in the scene look like metal (hence the boiler theme).

Secondly I also want to look a bit into lighting in UDK (in my previous scene I simply used one of those already lit maps, but now its time to do it the right way!)

In this boiler room we find the boiler man (yet to be named) who is the Boss of Tusal S.A, the company in charge of supplying the city with energy.

However (there’s always a however) the boiler man modifies the main boiler so that he can produce extra energy for himself. This idea eventually drives him crazy and becomes a danger for society. In conclusion, keep calm and kill the boiler man.

Anyway, enough babbling. Here are some very basic images of an even more basic blockout (The reason I’m posting images at such an early stage is that in my last project I started posting halfway through and now I’d rather post from the start)

boilerroombo.jpg

boilerroombo2.jpg

boilerroombo3.jpg

I´m sure I’ll encounter loads of difficulties since this is my first decent attempt at Hard Surface modelling, but i´m sure I’ll be able to get this project done and hopefully make it look awesome! :D

I’ll start with the door, we’ll see how it goes! Stay tuned!

Replies