Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Valtro Pm5 [WIP]

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
CyberGameArts polycounter lvl 7
Hello everybody :D
This is my first complete gun(well it will be :D) also my first time using hard surface modeling for a project really :D It is alos my first time texturing a gun so it might be really terrible :P

6MvWh.png

Wires:

lb5uz.png

On the model itself I took some liberties and added some detail thats is not present in the actual gun. (I added it because I found that the gun itself is very plain. Just wanted add some visual interest)

I still have to work on the pump, the Stock, the shotgun shells as well as the sights

I will continue updating you on my progress :D

Cheers and thank you :D

Just playing around with some render settings:
Mezkp.jpg

Replies

• Nomad6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nomad6 polycounter lvl 4
    Not bad at all.
    A couple of things that seem wrong imho:
    -Your scratches are a bit to harsh (aspecially around the breach). Toning them down a bit or letting the specular do some more of the work might be a solution.
    -I do like the tape but there seem to be lines of sort in the diffuse that work against the flow of the tape in general. I suggest you make those lines follow the tape.

In any case, you're well on your way to making a pretty decent model. Keep it up :)
  • CyberGameArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CyberGameArts polycounter lvl 7
    I worked a little more on the specular. Also i fixed the general flow of the bands. Didnt have time to fix the scratches yet tho :D

fdflv.png