Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Military Soldier

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
tac0m polycounter lvl 6
So i'm going to be making a realistic solider. My goal is to make it modular so i'll be making a base solider model (uniform and kevlar vest) and then adding different types of ammo packs and radios and what not to get multiple classes out of one solider base.

Starting with an anatomy sculpt.

anatomy-2.jpg

Replies

• tac0m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m polycounter lvl 6
    Not much time to work on this so i assume this is gonna be a long running thread :)
    Anyway, i have added a little more detail and feel there's something wrong with the anatomy of the hands. I haven't added a lot of detail to the hands just some land mark creases and stuff

If anyone can post some critiques on it as i think i have looked at it too long now.
    anatomy-3.jpg
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    very good work man. i believe you have put too many wrinkles behind the knees, nobody has wrinkles there (except old men)... and your palm and hand needs more definition, the center of the palm has more depth and the cushy areas around are more outwards.. i think generally the palm is too big and the fingers too small, especially for a strong man (strong men have thicker fingers)

other than that everything's great!
  • tac0m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for the advice. I have to agree that the palm is a bit too big. it makes the fingers seem kinda crappy. I'm gonna mess with that and post a fix soon :)

Thanks for the pointer Aga22