Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Our team's first game; Commando Jack

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Yozora polycounter lvl 11
Hey Polycount!

Just thought I'd pimp our first release as a company :)
The game is now free on the app store!

Here's the intro;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVRYPHnBSw0"]Commando Jack - Teaser Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

The majority of the art was made by Dom Clubb, I only made the props, level designs, effects, and did quite a bit of Unity stuff.

Thanks for looking :)

Replies

• VisualDreams
    A little tip about the multiple platform plans. We put our first games on Appstore, Google Play, Ovi Store, Amazon Store, BlackBerry Appworld and Samsung Apps.

It took a lot of time and wasn't really worth it in the end. The revenue from the other stores (non Appstore) are really slim, Google Play would be the worst store of all from a developer perspective.

So my tip would be to focus on Appstore and later on port the successful games to other platforms.

The game looks great btw, will make sure I buy it :)
  • Yozora
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the tip :) You guys didn't use Unity for your first games right?
    Not that I know much about porting to other platforms... but I thought that was one of Unity's strengths!

Anyway our primary focus is to continually support the game with content updates, and thanks for the support!

I just checked out your latest project and it looks really awesome! Lightmapping is a good idea... apparently we couldn't afford it before, but we've optimized stuff a lot more now so maybe it's time to revisit it!
  • VisualDreams
    No we used Marmalade SDK for our first games but changed to Unity for our latest game. Always nice with multi platform support but a great tool is way better. As an artist Unity is like home :P

Thanks! Yeah lightmapping really gives the art some depth
  • Yozora
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone!

We've just updated Commando Jack today with a massive update~
    And it's now free!

Here's some pics of some of the props I've done for the game.

Props_london.png

Props_Tokyo.png

Props_Paris.png

Props_New_York.png

Props_cairo.png

Props_Rome.png
  • jsargent
    Offline / Send Message
    jsargent polycounter lvl 5
    Looks fun, nice to see what you've been up to Dom :) Will keep an eye on this :)