Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mobile Space Arena

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I've gotten the chance to post anything.

This is a mobile scene that I was contracted to create for an Indie Studio (BadBot Games)

This is one of the fighting levels that will be featured in their upcoming Mobile fighting game.

The scene sits at a little over 1400 polys.

Assembled in UDK.

Space_01.jpg

Space_02.jpg

Space_03.jpg

Space_wire.jpg

Replies

• JarlanPerez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What do you guys think?
  • chaosblade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it, but... Is that meant to be a window on the back wall? If yes, it kinda looks like a screen or a poster becasue the walls have no thickness. Also the roof looks a little plain, i think even just adding a trim around the edges or some sci-fi grating could spruce it up a bit. And do you ever get close to the stuff on the left hand side? Because it seems like alot of geo (relatively) for a background element, maybe rather use those polys to spruce up the foreground. I realise that you've probly alredy sent this work off, just my 2c :)
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    pretty cool, the details are a bit small on those colourful screens on the back, might be a little too small and hard to see on a mobile screen. Do the lens flare/bloom work on mobile? Ive seen lens flare before but not so much bloom on mobile. Are the reflections real time or baked?
  • JarlanPerez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Chaosblade Thanks for feedback :D There is some thickness on that window, not a whole lot but enough to have the glass indented in. I think the distance away from it throws it off but I'll look more into it :D Some trim could spiff up that roof a bit. Also for the left side, they open up some of the scenes there and I believe some fighting goes on there. Not too sure yet, I haven't played it :P I did send it off already :D

@Ged Thanks dude. Yep everything in there works. The bloom isn't really bloom, but more of a mix between the texture and an emmisive. Mostly just faked in to get the effect. I made the reflections to be real time the they tweaked to make work. They are releasing this on iPad so there is a little bit more resolution to work with in terms of screen size :D