Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Maximo] Knight

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
GuangArt polycounter lvl 6
Hi, I decide to participate in this contest. I am extremely new to low-poly models and I would like to improve my understanding of gaming resolution model with this chance.

this is a rough sketch long ago which wasnt meant for this project. But I do like some shapes of the armor so I decide use this as a base and give a try
7610846766_6f2fab0ff7_z.jpg

then i build a rough proxy for the upperbody. I played around with the shape a bit on the helmet and get something a bit funny, but I think i can still keep the consistency of the feature by applying the spiky stuff to the surface of the armor , so it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

7610846650_85e485d4c7.jpg

With this project I decide to try out a different workflow. As I dont have too much time to work on it, I decide not to make the full high resolution mesh. What i did was just add some thickness to the proxy and throw it to zbrush for the beveling and some surface details.

Replies

• GuangArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GuangArt polycounter lvl 6
    So I did a quick test just bake it in Maya. these are the high res and low res and bake. and i get this rly bad normal map out of it. This is actually the second time bake.The first time was a lilttle better than this. I would like to know is it because of the problems with low res mesh. For example accuracy of each point.

Also im wondering about some piece, should I remesh them seperately?

Im really new with this , any helps are really appreciated.

7610846544_78a253541c.jpg

7610846424_973ea240d5.jpg
    7610846292_fd12118300.jpg
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    I love it! great designs, looking forward for the finished piece.